ideas??

Options
Does anyone have any low calorie snacks that might help wake me up? I'm really dragging, which is when I would usually go for a pop or something. I actually am not really that hungry, but I think i'm probably lacking some sort of nutrient. I went for a short walk when I went to lab at work and then ran up 75 stairs trying to get my heartrate up just trying to wake me up a little. But I'm just feeling exhausted and I'm getting to the point now where I am telling myself I should just go home after work and take a nap instead of running...any suggestions?!!?

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    fruit, cheese nuts!
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I would say, first, make sure you are getting about 60 grams of protein a day, mostly in low-fat form, such as nonfat or low-fat yogurt and nonfat milk. One thing I like to have after working out is a tall skinny vanilla latte from Starbuck's. It has 90 calories, 9 grams of protein and 0 fat in 12 ounces. Other good snacks are yogurt with berries and a small amount of granola or ricotta cheese with cocoa powder, espresso powder and Splenda.
  • coopy11
    coopy11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I keep hard-boiled eggs on hand, greek yogurt, fruit. I've found that taking B-12 vitamins (1000 mcg), which help with red blood cell formation, and One-A-Day Energy vitamins help get me going and keep me awake. Give it a few days and I think you may notice a difference.
  • AshleyTaylor2017
    AshleyTaylor2017 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    it's been over a week, and this is the time of day I normally start noticing myself getting tired, but today is really bad, and I don't know why. I keep trying to tell myself that I know I will feel better after I run...but I have to make it through another 2 hours of work before I can get to that point.
  • arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    apples can give you an energy boost the equivalent of a cup of coffee!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a giant navel orange right before I leave work every day, it's really helped get me through the commute and off to the gym. Plus...tasty!