Teas!

Options
Hey guys,
So my entire life I have always said that I hated tea, which is weird because where I'm from (Newfoundland, Canada) Orange Pekoe tea is pretty much the beverage of choice.

Anyways, I was at David's Tea today and they offered me a sample which I warily accepted, and found myself liking it a lot! It was an apple spice blend that was somewhat sweet. I was just wondering if anyone knew any teas that were good for weight loss or sleep that may also taste good black (without added milk or sweetener) I really liked that the tea that I tried today was good enough to drink without adding anything to it, because as of right now, I'm loving the holiday lattes at second cup and starbucks (which are full of calories!)

If anyone has any tea recommendations I'd love to hear them! :)

Replies

• envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    The entire holiday line by Celestial Seasonings. No calories, awesome taste, and cheap.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/holiday-teas

Sweet Harvest Pumpkin is my favorite!
  • cmarreee
    Options
    lipton's vanilla caramel truffle tea is killerrr
  • fragrantair
    Options
    ^ gah that sounds yummly indeed..gotta check it out
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    constant comment's apple spice and orange. tastes like apple cider!

and celestial seasonings honey vanilla chamomile

two of my favorites :)
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    it will prob be a trial and error kind of thing for you.

i really like any brand of Earl Grey (for the trekkies out there: Earl Grey, hot).

I also like Republic of Tea's Apple Blossom Green Tea

I think these are both good straight bc they are so fragrant on their own.

If you are looking for sleep aiding teas and the like, I am fond of Yogi teas. Many of their teas contain more than one ingredient including stevia leaf, so it is somewhat sweet from that. I have never had any of the Republic of Teas disappoint, but it's a pricey brand imo.
  • kristennwinter
    kristennwinter Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome, Thanks!! :)
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Ooh these sound delicious.

I'm drinking a tea now but it's boring (dandelion root) but I like orange a lot. I stopped adding sweetener to my tea months ago. I love them just plain. Yummy!
  • bloomlately
    bloomlately Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Chai is quite nice without milk. Twinings makes some flavored ones that seem sweet without added sugar.
  • notmac
    notmac Posts: 89
    Options
    I have a Red Chai Tea, that I really like, also a Candy Cane/peppermint that I love.
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Tazo Zen
  • Trickybird
    Trickybird Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE Bengal Spice from Celestial Seasonings. Sweet, but sugar free and caffeine free. Delish!
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love Green tea with jasmin or Earl grey!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Teavana. Go to teavana.com and look at their teas! I am ADDICTED! Plus, they have a lot of yummy healthy teas. Rooibos chai and opus rouge are DELICIOUS! Cocoa caramel with sea salt, strawberry lemonade, honeybush vanilla... and my ultimate Teavana fav citrus lavender sage. :D Mmm...

And Earl Grey tea, either Stash or Twinings. :D Must! And it's the holidays, so Sugar Plum Fairy is a great choice!
  • nhobbit
    nhobbit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Any of the Hibiscus tea from the Republic of Tea. My favorite is Pinapple Lychee. It is naturally sweet. My mom and I buy this one in bulk and share because we drink it so much. It's supposed to have the health benefits of helping to lower blood pressure, naturally having vitamin C, it is a mild diuretic, other cultures use it for a whole slew of things. I just drink it because it taste good. They have alot of other good teas but I add splenda to those.

From Celestial Seasonings, I could not live without Fast Lane tea. I drink it both sweetened and unsweetned, hot and iced. It's heavily caffeinated so not a night time drink.

Both places have sleepytime type teas and help to lose weight teas, but I don't think they taste good unsweetened, but you might. Give it a whirl.
  • blewis1984
    blewis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Teavana has good tea, but is a little on the expensive side. I get mine from Adagio.com. Good selection and easy on the wallet.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    i really like any brand of Earl Grey (for the trekkies out there: Earl Grey, hot).
    Lol.

@OP: Try some Chai tea and add in a small amount of milk (dairy, soy, or almond) :)

I drink a lot of green tea, as well - I love Twining's green tea with Jasmin. It is so yummy and it smells amazing.
  • jabberwalkie89
    Options
    I just found a decaf pumpkin spice tea at the grocery store a couple days ago thats pretty good. It doesn't quite beat a pumpkin spice latte, but it works for a prego girl who isn't trying to pack on crazy poundage, lol. I think it is Stash, but I'm not running down to the kitchen to find out.
  • loulabelle73
    loulabelle73 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im loving 'Twinings' Green tea with lemon at the moment... Green tea is great for weight loss (or so i read). Green tea is also best to have at about 80 degrees celcius water temp.