90km bike ride

Options
So I'm competing in a triathlon in two weeks. I'm doing the bike ride which is 90kms long. I've been training, and I'm pretty much prepared. But I was wondering does anyone have experience in long distance bike rides? If so, any tips? Can never be too prepared :)

Replies

• ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Food & hydration. Love Cliff bars.
    Down hill is your friend, tuck & glide as long as you can.
    Hot tub and wine after your ride!

Good Luck and have a great ride! :smile:
  • sabrinabum
    Options
    Awesome! thanks :)
  • lisamichelle123
    lisamichelle123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i saw the 90km and two weeks and wondered if this is the IronMaori? I'm doing the cycle leg as well (if it is)...
  • ryanherbert
    ryanherbert Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Food & hydration.
    ^ This!
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Where in the world are you, there is a very big differance between a warm summer day in the UK and a cold wet winter one.
  • TommiEgan
    TommiEgan Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Carbs, protein and Water! Get it into you and pace yourself to finish instead of going fast!
  • sabrinabum
    Options
    Yes it is!!! :) Wow awesome, you're doing it as well? How's the training been going for you??
  • sabrinabum
    Options
    Im from New Zealand :)
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Im from New Zealand :)

Warm then, Keep up the hydration, use a small amount of a "sports drink" I dilute it 50/50 for warmish, going as far as 30% sports drink to 70% water if it is HOTas the sports drinks are designed for gym, short term use. on a bike you need more water, but still need the salts to aid absorbtion.

Also find a food that you can eat on the road to keep the energy up I like bananas not every one does. Have one about an hour from the finish as this will help with the final sprint.

Eat before you are feeling short of energy and drink before you are thirsty.
  • wifealiciousness
    wifealiciousness Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Chamoise cream? Padded shorts? Tool kit (and the knowledge to fix minor problems)? Well maintained bike? Padded gloves?
  • lisamichelle123
    lisamichelle123 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a message! :)