Question for Retail Workers

Options
ChasingKatie
ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
What shoes do you wear??

I started working retail part time after sitting behind a desk for the last 10 years. My feet are slowly dying, my Nikes just are not cutting it and it probably doesn't help that I am extremely overweight.

Replies

• ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I just massaged my feet with Vicks, I'm that desperate...
  • AESprouse
    AESprouse Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I deliver pizzas and I wear Tredsafe safety shoes. But, I've always had a standing job so I'm used to being on my feet and it doesn't bother me any more.
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I wear converse slip ons or oxfords or ballet flats...even heels. Sometimes they hurt sometimes they don't.
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I wear converse slip ons or oxfords or ballet flats...even heels. Sometimes they hurt sometimes they don't.
    Ahh no support at all. My legs would kill when I wore a pair of flats to my restaurant on a random day.
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    No joke, I wear ugly grandma shoes. I don't care if they are ugly. My feet don't hurt lol. Aerosoles is a pretty good brand. They are usually pretty comfortable.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    danskos, clarks, merrels, keens, naturalizer
  • angellakh
    Options
    get some that have the shocks on the back, they are great
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Grasshopper brand Ashland or the Stretch Plus Lace Ups. If your feet really hurt, go to a podiatrist and get fitted for orthotics. Then you can put them in almost any lace up shoe and be comfortable. I would also suggest a peppermint lotion for your feet and lower legs...it really helps. You can also freeze a small water bottle and roll it under your arch. Google plantar fasciitis for other ideas on how to help you.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    The best runners I have ever bought are Oasis....I will buy them every time now....not cheap, but last long and SO worth it

For the record, I am 350+lbs and can be on my feet up to ten hours a day at work without a sitting break at all......
  • shiraLA
    shiraLA Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Ive been working in a restaurant for years and I get my shoes from shoesforcrews.com. They are good quality and nonslip, they have lots of styles and are affordable. Every pair I buy last about a year. They are similar to dansko, but half the cost.