Don't Know whats going on

Options
So far in my weight loss journey i have lost a total of 62lbs. I have been doing great but this past week I keep wanting to eat bad things like Mcdonalds and Mexican and I have no energy to work out but I do, I'm just pushing myself tho! Another thing I have noticed is event though I have dropped 4 sizes I sometimes think the scales lie to me?? I know its weird but I do and I'm constantly worrying about my weight...I will ask my hubby, sister, and mom all the time does it look like i have gained? Is this normal...probably not or is anyone else feel the same sometime?

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I dunno if it's normal, but I know I'm going thru the same thoughts!!! It takes every ounce of me not to step on that scale every morning and compare from the day before going thru the list of what I ate.. what I shouldn't have ate.. it's part of the whole shpeal I think.

And good for you for working out even if the motivation isn't there!! Do you do any small rewards for yourself for doing so? Either for the workout or for a mini goal? I find that helps out a lot!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You're doing great, keep up the routine and if you really want McDonald's, well, I suggest you watch food, inc or anyone of those documentaries that talk about fast food. Even if I wasn't watching my calories I'd have no problem steering clear of that place, I don't even think of that stuff as actual food anymore. But even if you want it, just be aware of the calories in it and don't gorge yourself on big macs.

Also try to focus on a goal that isn't so reliant on the scale, maybe your fitness or how long you can jog or play a particular sport or how much weight you can lift. Remember the scale is a tool to assist you in measuring your level of fitness, you can measure your fitness in so many other ways - particularly by challenging yourself and your body through exercise. For me, my goal is to become some kind of action hero who can keep moving, climb things, and never get exhausted, toss ten children on my shoulders, carry luggage and sprint through the airport on my way to a connecting flight... if I can do those things then I've reached my goal, I don't need a scale to tell me I'm fit, you shouldn't either!
  • candacepainter
    Options
    I would weigh every morning and every night but the last time I weighed was Sunday night and its killing me! No, I have set any mini goals for myself and to tell you the truth...I don't know how.
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    What kind of physical activities do you do to stay in shape? If it's jogging you could try to push yourself to jog for a certain duration, or if it's on a machine like the elliptical you can do something similar.

Is there an exercise activity that can appeal to you as a hobby? I've found that while in the past when I was bored I used to eat (out of boredom and not hunger) and now I just go to the treadmill or the gym b/c I find that more entertaining.
  • DrKloctopussy
    Options
    How much are you eating? You say that you are craving higher-calorie food and have no energy. It may actually be that you need to eat more--especially if your weight loss is stalling. Your body adjusts to a low-calorie diet and eventually you need a break. I'm not saying to go hog-wild or anything. What you DON'T want to do is "give up" and go back to old eating habits. But it may be time to re-evaluate your diet.

As for mini-goals, there are lots of different ways to do it. I have mini-goals such as meeting my calorie goals 5x/week, going to the gym 5x/week, and also for dates to lose 5 pounds by. It breaks up the long-stretch of just not being to the end yet :D
  • candacepainter
    Options
    For breakfast I eat Special K cereal and half a banana
    mid morning snack I eat the other half of banana
    Lunch a sandwhich with maybe carrots
    snack 100 calorie pack
    supper: meat and vegetable
    snack 100 calorie pack
  • DrKloctopussy
    Options
    For breakfast I eat Special K cereal and half a banana
    mid morning snack I eat the other half of banana
    Lunch a sandwhich with maybe carrots
    snack 100 calorie pack
    supper: meat and vegetable
    snack 100 calorie pack

I think this adds up to about 1000 cals? Not nearly enough if you are also working out. Are you using numbers recommended by MFP? Tracking your food and exercise here? You need at the very least 1200 net calories, which is 1200 + calories you burn exercising. (e.g. if you burn 300 calories jogging then you need more like 1500). I know it's kind of a scary thought--eating MORE?? but it works--check out the stickied threads for more info.
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    If weight loss isn't enjoyable anymore, and you find yourself obsessing about it constantly, then I am going to say something you're not going to like... maybe it has become a little bit of a problem. If you have health insurance, I would call and see what kind of programs they cover to support you through weight loss physically, nutrition-wise, and emotionally. I agree that you need to look into upping your caloric intake, but I also think you should evaluate how much of your day you spend stressing about your weight. If that is the only thing occupying your thoughts, then you need to think about getting yourself mentally healthy, too. I'm not saying your eating is disordered or anything like that, just that you need to get your mind and your body working together. You can do it.
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I get cravings for fast food, sweets, etc. Sometimes I'll allow myself a treat and if I really want fast food I will eat it (extremely rare) but most of the time it tastes and smells disgusting to me now lol. I obsess about my weight too only because when I get bloated I look and feel like I gained 10 lbs. Once I'm no longer bloated I feel super skinny so I always look forward to that. :smile: