I need a new weight training routine

Options
Yellow!

I have been using the Body For life weights routine for waay too long and am now seeing minimal results from it. Does anyone have some good weights routines for me?

Replies

• dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Fat loss? Strength? or Building muscle?
  • jlzking
    jlzking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Moreso toning than anything. I dont have a huge amount to lose, and I dont need to gain anymore muscle, but i get bored of the routines I do and my body is so used to them that it barely registeres, even when i up the weights i am using...
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    try beachbody.com
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    there are also quite a lot of jillian michaels workout in walmart
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Bodybuilding.com has some pretty good routines. I believe for toning you will want to stay in the 8 to 12 rep range. If you get bored, or if your muscles get used to your routine, change it up a bit, by working your muscle in a different way. I believe it is recommended to change your routine about every 6 to 8 weeks.
  • jlzking
    Options
    Thanks so much, will go check them out!
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I did BFL 12 weeks program and then got The New Rules of Lifting for Women. I started their routine 6 weeks ago and have seen great results. Worth a read IMHO.

Scarlet

P.S. I have also done 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and am 3/4 way through Body Revolution ... These are all great routines that have yielded results for me.

Good Luck!

ETA: all the PS workouts are from Jillian Michaels.
  • jlzking
    Options
    Hi Hedgiie, Will have a look at the site, but I want something I can do at the gym (need to earn the points to keep medical aid costs down) so the videos are not high on my list! Thanks anyway, I appreciate the replies. (We dont have Walmart in South Africa, yet, but her videos are easy to get hold of :))
  • nuttyduffy
    nuttyduffy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Check out muscleandstrength.com too They have loads of workouts that you can do ;0)
  • jlzking
    Options
    THanks Nutty and 3under2!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Here's a very simple one (don't confuse 'simple' with 'easy', though!):

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4195843

It consists of basic compound movements and has progression built into the routine.
  • phatycake
    Options
    Body Beast or P90X? I'm currently doing Body Beast and loving it!
  • phatycake
    Options
    Jamie Eason's 12 Week Live Fit program, google that. I love her, she has an amazing body.
  • leesehm
    leesehm Posts: 117
    Options
    could always use the videos and do the workout at the gym
  • coolonedee
    coolonedee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Jamie Eason's 12 Week Live Fit program, google that. I love her, she has an amazing body.

Can one do the JE program at home with just free weights?
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Venus Index is hands down the amazing!

http://www.venusindex.com/