Insanity vs 30 Day Shred

Options
Okay, so I have the insanity dvd set and I've tried it but it seems too hard for me. I've also tried 30 day shred and it was easier than insanity. Note that I'm not that athletic. I'm 5'2" and weigh about 103. My goal really isn't to lose weight or build muscle. I just want to lose that little roll of fat over my pants. I'm more interested in results that I can see in the mirror not results that I'll notice when running my miles. Which one do you think would be better for me? I don't want to start one and give up because I'm not sure if I'll really get results.

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    How about Body Revolution - less monotonous than 30DS.
  • getitgirl11
    getitgirl11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Loosing weight from a specific area is a very hard thing to accomplish, especially because your body isn't designed for just that.

If you want to loose "the roll over your pants", my best advice is to take a look at your nutrition. 70% of results are in the kitchen, the other 30% are in the gym.

The ideal ratio to keep your body in fat-burning mode while maintaing lean muscle mass is 40/40/20, meaning 40% carbs, 40% protein, and 20% fat.

I graduated Insanity and Insanity: the Asylum and found that using Shakeology and the proper nutrition helps immensely!

Feel free to add me :) I would love to help you with your goals!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I wouldnt do either program. I would suggest one that is more designed around weight training. WT is more effective at fat loss. Also, it may be difficult to lose more since you are already low in weight . You may have to bulk up, by adding 10-20 lbs of muscle in order to fill in your skin more. Its hard to looked toned and defined when you have little lbm.
  • cgbugs9
    cgbugs9 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi !!! I am pretty much the same stats has u and have just started today the 30ds... Level 1.... I am pretty fit anyway running and gym classes... And I am hoping you the same results as you .... Think this DVD should do the trick.. Going to do spilt the 3 levels out equally over the 30 days .... Going to take photo evidence as the weeks go on .... Good luck x