cleanse

Options
does anyone know i good cleanse? ia m not necessarily trying to lose weight, but i would like to start from scratch. recently i have fallen off the wagon a bit and i want to start with a clean slate and clear head. i am stopping drinking alcohol and soda, but i am not sure what else to do.... looking for a good plan to rid my body of all the bad stuff i have put in it recently.....

what do you guys think?

thanks a lot!

Replies

• empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    Options
    the best cleanse i have ever used, and the safest one is a veggie fast for 10-14 days. make sure it has the greens in it.

i have tried masters, lemon, etc. and a veggie fast is doable. plus it does not shock your system but it still gets the desired result.
  • Nener
    Nener Posts: 116
    Options
    I have used a cleanse in the past from a company called Natures Sunshine. You do have to join for $40,but they give you $40 in products. Just a word of warning about eating veggies only or doing something drastic. I tried this cleanse "diet" my chiropractor suggested,eating only fruits and veggies for a week. I have trouble with anxiety/depression. This sever calorie restriction caused my to plummet into anxious state. Some people cannot handle this. So I guess you have to know your body type
  • Bridget_Dharma
    Options
    Vegan Diet! Whole grains, veggies, teas, fruits, soy.
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    My husband just uses the "chinese green tea". He takes it for about 2 days in a row. Make sure you have no where to be for the 2 days though! It'll totally clean you out, but he says he feels so much better afterward. Good luck!
  • kellycrow
    kellycrow Posts: 140
    Options
    Nener - while i feel for your plight while on a fruit & veggie only diet for a week... i want to make sure that folks know that you can live a very healthy life eating only raw foods... mostly fruits & veggies... this is what some vegans do... yes - they include nuts - perhaps those had a nutrient you needed... but a fruit & veggie only lifestyle can be very healthy...
    i am a vegan but do eat cooked foods which includes breads, etc... i did raw food only for a week and felt FANTASTIC! i DID have a spoonful of peanut butter a day because I felt that i needed that boost of protein to make it through my job (I am a preschool teacher!) and i am allergic to tree nuts so a handful of raw almonds wasn't going to happen... Also, for my salad dressing, i had olive oil mixed with lemon juice --- this added calories to keep me closer to the 1200 per day...

;o)

Kelly
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Look up theMastercleanse all it is is Lemon juice, maple syrup and water, you won't be hungry or tired it doesn't taste bad at all (you have to experiment a little) But you will miss the taste of food I lost a lot of weight really quick and I still go to it every once and again.