Wiping face while running in cold

Options
My last 2 runs were in 40 degree weather and I was able to wear a light jacket over tank top and capris. This morning it was in the low 50s and I wore a long sleeve shirt and was warm. So I definitely will be wearing just a tank top and capris when it's above 45 or so. My problem is that it is still cool enough that my eyes and nose were running constantly and I was wiping my face with my sleeve (gross, I know). If I just have on a tanktop, then how will I wipe my face? I know this is kind of a gross question, but surely other people have the same problem? I was thinking of wrapping a bandana around my wrist, but am interested in other suggestions.

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I just use my gloves or sleeve, ugh I know, but still...
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I usually only have that problem when the weather is cooler but now you know why my gloves go in the wash after every run.......(I have several pais)
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Hahaha oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one! Last time I ran I ended up with some very attractive "slug trails" on my sleeves :blushing: I'm thinking of investing in some good old fashioned hankies as tissues will probably disintegrate with sweat.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    friend of mine ties a hanky on her tank near her collar bone for that very purpose
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I just did a quick search online for hankies and they're all for oldies, can't quite imagine myself with a lace lined handkerchief as i run along delicately wiping my nose, I think I'm going to cut up my old gigantic workout t-shirt that is now waaay too big (yay) and use that for now lol
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    My last 2 runs were in 40 degree weather and I was able to wear a light jacket over tank top and capris. This morning it was in the low 50s and I wore a long sleeve shirt and was warm. So I definitely will be wearing just a tank top and capris when it's above 45 or so. My problem is that it is still cool enough that my eyes and nose were running constantly and I was wiping my face with my sleeve (gross, I know). If I just have on a tanktop, then how will I wipe my face? I know this is kind of a gross question, but surely other people have the same problem? I was thinking of wrapping a bandana around my wrist, but am interested in other suggestions.

The one nostrils nose blow minus the tissue it the only way lol
  • s_who
    s_who Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Use a bandanna.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I tuck a couple kleenex or a folded up piece of paper towel in the top of my shirt. Works like a charm. Paper towel is better for sweat, more absorbent.
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! I don't even like spitting when I'm running, so pretty sure I will not be shooting any snot rockets in the near future, lol.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Snot rockets or tissues. I personally haven't quite mastered the snot rocket, so I'm a tissue person. Plus, tissues are better on a treadmill anyway.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of a sweat rag. :bigsmile:
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I use the snot rocket, but if you're looking for a handkerchief that isn't a lacy accessory check the men's section at a department store. They usually still sell plain unadorned white handkerchiefs.