Feeling Thinner

Options
Marvi120
Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
Does anyone feel like they look really good until they see pictures of themselves? I feel like I am fairly fit and smaller then.....! I tend to avoid the camera but that isn't fair to my kids, I'm sure they want some pictures of me for memories.

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Yes and no, either way I hate pictures in general. But i think the old "camera adds 5 lbs" is definitely true.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I also HATE to have my picture taken, regardless of how thin or fat it makes me look. I do keep my driver's license with my keys, tho, and have it prominently displayed because the picture was taken at my highest weight, so when people say, "you didn't need to lose 40 lbs.," I can show them exactly why I did.
  • Marvi120
    Marvi120 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm thinner than someone then in a picture I'm not. I think I have the opposite of anorexia. Lol.
  • mamasitaroja
    mamasitaroja Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I have lost 19 pounds, my clothes are looser (but still wearable), and my measurements definitely different. I feel thinner....until I see a pic of myself or pass the mirror. Still the same. Other people have noticed and commented, but to me, it's not a BIG difference. (I'm 5'7", started at 184 and am now 165). Starting to worry that maybe it's mental, or I just expect too much too soon.

But yeah, not a big fan of seeing myself in pics.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am still overweight, but with what I've lost so far, I definitely feel thinner. I can't wait to test out a movie theater seat to see how I fit in it. Before MFP, I barely fit and the bar under the hand rest would dig into my thighs.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    If you do a google search on posing for pictures, you'll find some really good information.

Most of the time, the reason why you "don't look good in pictures" is because you are not posing correctly. It's an actual art and if you look at people that you do think look good in pictures, you will start to see what they are doing.

I forget them now, but it's things like putting one shoulder forward, looking off camera, foot back. head angle. things like that.

With all your hard work, start showing it off.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm thinner than someone then in a picture I'm not. I think I have the opposite of anorexia. Lol.

Snap! I always think pictures must have been taken at a bad angle!