Water carrier for running?

Options
Do any of you use a handheld or fanny pack water carrier and do you have one you recommend?

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I personally use a Nathan hydration belt with two 10oz water bottles and a center pouch.

But I would recommend found to a local running store and trying on all of the different options and running around a bit to see what feels best. There's click-lock straps, Velcro close straps, single bottles that sit in the small of your back, four bottle all in front, four bottles split between front and back, two bottles you can opt to wear in front or back, single bottle you can carry, etc. And each person will have a different preference.

My husband prefers the Fuel Band Velcro close for comfort, a fellow half marathoner friend prefers to carry a single bottle in hand. While her husband doesn't wear a belt or carry any water. And I've seen people on the trail and in races with Camelbacks as their hydration option. So it's all very personal in the end.
  • marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I also have the Nathan belt for long runs. For shorter runs I have a 750ml Nathan bottle that comes in a little pouch with an elastic strap that you hook over the back of your hand. The bottle sits their snugly in your hand without you having to grip it all the time.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I have a fuel belt that I use for longer runs, it fits snugly (bottles bouncing around drive me crazy) and has 2 water bottles a small accessory pocket and I bought the optional gel flask (cheaper to make my own than buy commercial gels)
  • YogaLarva
    Options
    I have a cute little yellow bottle (12 oz I think) that I got at walmart. It came with a hand strap, but I have mostly abandoned that. If I want to take it on an outdoor run I just carry it since it's so small. Helps to keep my form good since I hate hearing the water sloshing around a bunch in it, plus it leaks slightly if I get to crazy with the arms. :-P
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I have a small (8-10 oz) handheld bottle - it straps to my hand so I don't have to carry it. That being said, I don't use it anymore. I found that I don't need water on a run (especially when it is cool) as long as I am well hydrated to begin with. My long runs are 10 miles plus, and I don't find it necessary.