40 year old and trying it again

Options
Hi guys,
This is my umpteenth time at the start of a life change.... the orchestra swells and I'm out of the gate again. I'm hoping that this time I'll really change and lose the weight for good. I started food journalling yesterday, and I notice that having some accountablility is helping me reign in some of my wild food eating. Many years ago I was on a dietiician supervised diet, and it worked for a while. (1500 cal ada) When I plateaued the calories were dropped to 1200 and I started to eat everything in sight and haven't looked back until now. I don't want to diet (hence no Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers). I want to fix my life this time. (By living and eating in the real world while I do it.) I love this website. :) Hope to see you all around.

Replies

• byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Well congratulations for starting up again. Just take baby steps. This website is great! There is a lot of good food to enjoy that is also healthy and can keep you from constantly eating. I know for me, it is EXTREMELY important to take the time to plan out my meals. Planning a menu ahead of time will save you time in the grocery store, money, and calories.

You can do it!
  • Mkwilso
    Mkwilso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes. I find that since I started logging my meals on this site, my eating behaviors have changed. This evening I bought Subway for the Family for dinner, and it is amazing that going with a six inch sub is nicely filling. I'm finding that having accountability is changing my behaviors. (My new doc wants me to see him in two weeks with a print out of my food diary.) :):noway: