Insanity Day 1 tomorrow!

Options
Hey everyone! Just to give a little introduction about myself, I am in the military and currently deployed. I have lost a total of 29 lbs myself from doing a lot of cardio and watching what I eat. Time to drop the rest of the weight and tone up, so tomorrow I will be starting Insanity. Anyone have any tips? It would be appreciated! I can't believe all the success stores on MFP, they really are an inspiration!

Adam

Replies

• Xenoxo
    Xenoxo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been through the Insanity program. Here is a tip: if you can't keep up, just go at your pace. The trick is to be active during the period you are suppose to be active. So DON'T keep their pace, but stop early, DO keep your pace and match the start stop intervals.

It's a pretty good workout! Rock on!
  • Brittany_lhs
    Options
    I have been doing Insanity for a week now, you can add me! It's tough but you can do it! Once you make it through each workout you feel great knowing you did it. The worst part about week 1, my calves hurt the whole week. I had to put icyhot on them just to finish my last workout of the week lol. But I lost 3 pounds and 2 inches!!! It is def worth it! And thank you for your services =]
  • rhoades716
    Options
    @Xenoxo- Thanks for the advice, I will definitely work at my pace and then build upon that when I can.

@Brittany_lhs- That is awesome that you have made it through the first week! I sent you an invite for the group, I hope you want to join and can help motivate the others who are going to be going through Insanity as well. After I write this post, I am going to go to the little store we have here in Afghanistan and see if they sell Icy Hot. I would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it lol. Keep up the good work and lets just not push play, lets push each other
  • HeatherOberholtzer
    Options
    Good Luck, I am on week 4 so far I have gained weight (4 lbs) but after logging into this website after a few months and putting my foods in I now know why...I was eating too much!!! I modify and go at about 1/2 speed...good luck!!!
  • bumpusburn
    bumpusburn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Good luck and congrats on your decision to start, I finished it a few months ago and had great results. I have lost 120 lbs over the last 18 months using beachbody products as long as you stick with it you will get the results.
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I started my 4th straight month this morning. Whatever you do don't give up.. Keep strong, take breaks when needed. remember the poeple on the show are in mega shape and they take breaks! everyday you become stronger and stronger it still feels like the first. Worth every bit of sweat! Good luck and great job on your losses so far! :O)
  • wanderlustkat
    wanderlustkat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! I started on Saturday! It's tough but feels like it will definitely work :happy:

If anyone wants to add me please do, I could use all the accountability I can get... also are there any cheat sheets out there of ways to be better prepared for the workouts or get better results during the program?

I found going through the videos and seeing the routines first very helpful.

Thanks!
  • samncam
    Options
    omg can u lot add me who are doing this programme .. seriously i feel like such a failture which part do you do ive tried a few insanity programs and feel like im gona die after the 3 minute warm up!!lol the fit test omg i just cant keep up x i knwo the whole point is to get sweaty but jeezz. i can do the full pump it up dvd just over an hour and still have a 10minut job 10 minutes of insanity and i could collapse:( i just dont feel fit enough :/ xx
  • rachevo1
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm new to MFP- I started last week. I bought the Insanity work out dvd's back in January and my god it's really hard!!! But its worth every drop of sweat as you can see and fee the difference and you'll feel so proud that you've finished each workout though the warm-up is a workout in itself!

Good luck !
  • porscheparcher
    Options
    Hey!

If anyone is interested I can start up an Insanity support group on fb and run it. I run groups like that all the time! I finished Insanity a bit ago and I'm here to help! It's a GREAT workout!! :) Let me know. Add me, I'm here for yall!
  • rhoades716
    Options
    For everyone that is interested, I have started a group called Insanity-Don't just push play, push each other! We are 20 strong right now and climbing!!! Lets all get together and motivate each other to not be Ken and Barbie, but be the best that our bodys will allow us to be!

Its free to join the group, all I ask is that people participate in discussions and help motivate those around them

Feel free to add me as a friend as well!

Adam
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i just bought it so im waiting for it to get delivered..my daughter is using it a week now and just loves it ..says its very hard but after a week she feels a huge difference already ...i need it bad ..ive gone off the deep end this year