whats your calf/thigh ratio

Options
I posted the other in wrong forum.
My difference between calves and thigh is 5.5 difference, I read somewhere that there should be at least an 8" difference. I get told a lot that mine look like the same size when I wear shorts lol

Replies

• Rodhands
    Options
    My thighs are 68cm and my calves are 43cm...

15cm difference, but I have fat thighs and massive muscley legs
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm a women, so my body shape is different. Also, you are not fat, and I am. But since you asked, and I just measured this morning, my thighs are 25 inches and my calves are 16 inches. That ratio has been going down. I don't have much more fat to lose in my calves though. I struggle to be able to pinch any fat there. But my thighs are flappy, so I still have way too much fat there.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Oh, and my husband is at a healthy weight, with just a bit of belly fat, and his thighs and calves are very close to the same. He has skinny legs too. As soon as our finances are better, we are going to start training with free weights.
  • btkkterry
    Options
    Oh, and my husband is at a healthy weight, with just a bit of belly fat, and his thighs and calves are very close to the same. He has skinny legs too. As soon as our finances are better, we are going to start training with free weights.
    I hate having thin legs, been trying for a long time to build them up but its tough. When I lost weight they got a bit smaller
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine are nearly the same size. When I was 319 they were both huge, now they're both smaller but my calves are still huge relative to my size. I was into size 8 women's bootcut jeans before I got out of wide calf boots. The numbers: Thigh about 17.5", calf about 14.5". That's only a 3 inch difference. But the calf is solid, not fat (My BMI is under 21 and my body fat % is about 18, pretty solid for a woman).

Certain activities lead to muscular calves (like carrying around over 300 lbs ones entire life) but genetics is another factor. I wish I had thin calves but I don't and there's nothing I can do about it. I think the idea of what the difference "should be" is kind of silly.
  • btkkterry
    Options
    Mine are nearly the same size. When I was 319 they were both huge, now they're both smaller but my calves are still huge relative to my size. I was into size 8 women's bootcut jeans before I got out of wide calf boots. The numbers: Thigh about 17.5", calf about 14.5". That's only a 3 inch difference. But the calf is solid, not fat (My BMI is under 21 and my body fat % is about 18, pretty solid for a woman).

Certain activities lead to muscular calves (like carrying around over 300 lbs ones entire life) but genetics is another factor. I wish I had thin calves but I don't and there's nothing I can do about it. I think the idea of what the difference "should be" is kind of silly.
    congratulations on your loss, impressive
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

It's crazy how everyone's bodies are shaped differently. I don't think I could have thinner thighs than 20 inches if I starved myself.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    My calves are 13.5 inches, thighs 23.5 inches. Yea it's a big difference. I'm in a healthy BMI but body fat % is a bit high ~27 percent. Even when my body fat and weight are lower my thighs hover between 21-22 inches smh
  • btkkterry
    Options
    My thigh is 17.5 " my lower body looks small compared to the upper. And my waist is 26" ,
  • Mintyhairlust
    Options
    My thighs are 48cm (18.1 inches) at the fattest point, the area nearest to my groin, and my calves are 31.5cm (12.4 inches) so there is a 6 inch difference?
    I wish I have an 8 inch difference T~T lol

I'm naturally build this way, my BMI is healthy at 18.8 :)
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    calves 15" thigh 23" so 8 lol
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Thigh is 28 and calf is 17.75 inches on the left side. My right thigh and calf are an inch bigger. No idea if 10 inch difference is good or bad. I know I can't wear decent boots in the winter. :grumble:
  • btkkterry
    Options
    My thighs are 48cm (18.1 inches) at the fattest point, the area nearest to my groin, and my calves are 31.5cm (12.4 inches) so there is a 6 inch difference?
    I wish I have an 8 inch difference T~T lol

I'm naturally build this way, my BMI is healthy at 18.8 :)
    About the same as mine
  • christyjo37
    Options
    18.25 calves, 26 thighs, your thigh is only 17.5 wow
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    12.5 inch calves and 23.5 inch thighs, so 11 inch difference. i'm only 20.4 BMI. I just happen to carry a lot of weight in my thighs and have tiny calves. very frustrating.
  • christyjo37
    Options
    12.5 inch calves and 23.5 inch thighs. i'm only 20.4 BMI. I just happen to carry a lot of weight in my thighs and have tiny calves. very frustrating.
    the Guy that posted this only has 12" calves, I think I was 9 when I was that size.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    12.5 inch calves and 23.5 inch thighs. i'm only 20.4 BMI. I just happen to carry a lot of weight in my thighs and have tiny calves. very frustrating.
    the Guy that posted this only has 12" calves, I think I was 9 when I was that size.

yeah, i have tiny calves, but huge thighs. i could see a 9 year old having calves like mine.
  • christyjo37
    Options
    If my boyfriends legs were that small I would make him hit the gym. It's ok for girls to have scrawny legs but not guys. Lol
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    If my boyfriends legs were that small I would make him hit the gym. It's ok for girls to have scrawny legs but not guys. Lol

It's okay for anyone of any gender to have any size of legs o_O
  • Aviva92
    Options

I'm not that superficial to care if a guys legs are on the small size or not. There are a lot more important things.