stuck!

Options
I recently started sticking to my calorie counting. The first week i lost 7lbs and was over the moon. Its been two weeks since then and i'm totally stuck. Im eating my 1200 calories a day and to be honest i have been satisfied with that. I'm thinking of lowering my calorie intake to 1000, id appreciate peoples thoughts on this or even some advice how i can get these extra lbs off! Please help :-(

Replies

• Rachielous
    Rachielous Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I would recommend not lowering your intake - people go on about starvation mode etc which I am not too sure on however you wont be getting the nutrients you need to stay healthy.

Stick at it - I was stuck at 152lb's for a good 3 weeks until the scale decided to budge. Now I am stuck at 149.9 - I am using it to motivate me more to do well!

Make sure you drink lots of water (another thing EVERYONE tells you to do which I struggle with!) and stock up on all the right foods :)

Some weeks you win some, some weeks you lose some - stick at it though and you will see a difference!

Also, take measurements! Sometimes the scales fool us into thinking our bodies aren't changing when in actual fact they are :)
  • vincewalker23
    Options
    Just go to the gym. its that easy. with a calorie ptake of 1800, and hitting the gym, i losy 50 lbs in 6 months. get busy...
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Increase your activity and possibly you protein intake, depending on how much you are trying to lose, you should be at 80 grams or so daily on protein
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I don't think you should lower your caloric intake. You're already eating extremely minimally. As others have suggested, do some physical activity to get yourself feeling better and the weight will come off as it decides. I can empathize with you as I spent three months fighting with 3 pounds... I was eating what I was supposed to be and working out 10 hours a week. It's frustrating! I'm currently stuck in another one of those lulls, and I know how it can get to a person. However, you have to know that it's not as simple as "eat 3,500 cals fewer and you'll drop 1 lb." If that were true, I'd not have had any sort of problem with losing.

You can do this. Keep in mind, if you don't have as much to lose, it generally takes longer because your body doesn't need as many calories (as much energy) to do activities. It's, unfortunately, not an over night process for most people. Just eat good, whole foods, move your booty, and you'll get there. :O)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!