Remember: THE SCALE LIES

Options
Don't get to obsessed in what the scale say's pay attention to how your clothes are fitting. Back a few years ago @ %2 bodyfat I weighed in at 160 (and i'm verticaly challenged) I think the rule is every 1Lb of muscle is = to like 2 or 3 lbs lbs of fat. The scale helps true but if your excersizing and not loosing the weight just look at how your clothes are fitting If they are getting looser then you are loosing the fat and it may be awhile before you lose any LBS because you are having less fat to drop. I don't know if what I'm saying makes any sense to anyone but in my mind I understand so I hope you all may.

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Being the size I am, I see losses on the scale before I notice them in my clothes. I hang on to every 1 little pound loss...I love my scales. lol
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    I haven't had as much loss on the scales as I would have hoped in the 6/7 weeks I've been on here, but I've been measuring and have noticed a loss there, and have had to tighten the notch on my belt 3 times while wearing my 'fat' jeans!! So the scale maybe does lie..sometimes!! :laugh:
  • cagirl1968
    Options
    I agree totally. I had not owned a scale in over 10 years, until my recent purchase. When I owned one before I weighed several times a day regardless of how my weight was. Now I am a slave to the beast once more.
  • Sebastiansmommy
    Options
    It makes total sense and I agree. Ive only lost 6lbs since Feb1, but I've lost 2 pant sizes.Although sometimes I do get discouraged with that darn scale!
  • simona1972
    simona1972 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I know my scale lies to me all the time, but it's really the only way I can measure success at this point. Im obese. Even losing 18lbs, it's hardly made a dent in how my clothes fit or how I look. I notice small changes, but without the scale, I wouldnt think I lost as much as I have.
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    My scale lies...I have lost inches all over and only 2 lbs. on my scale. I am getting tighter all over, so hopefully one day the fat will magically go away and I'll be ripped LOL. (I know, wishful thinking):ohwell:
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    muscle occupies less space in the body compared to fat. that is why when you build muscle and drop fat you get into smaller jean sizes. so you get the feeling that the scale is lying but really you are just changing the weight from fat to muscle...keep going and the scale will start to reflect the changes. If your body has more muscle then before your going to require more calories to keep it going. provided you are watching what you eat and how much...eventually the lbs will melt off.
  • confuseacat
    confuseacat Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I have lost only 2 lbs in the last several weeks. However I have started exercising during that time and I feel more toned and feel so much better! My food intake has decreased and my plain water consumption has increased. I feel much healthier!
  • Suzanita
    Suzanita Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I think your right! I was starting to get. obsessed about what the scale said and was feeling frustrated that I was'nt losing weight...I decided to put the scale away for awhile and just go by how my clothes look and feel. One of these days I might weigh myself and be surprised but for now I'm just going to do the clothes check!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking the scale lies but I've got this problem where I can't seem to figure if I'm measuring the same way and the same place each time I do it. I need to tattoo lines on my waist and hips. Also I can never remember whether I was sucking in, sucking in just a little, flexing my abs, or letting it loose when I was measuring last time. Then there's the slack in the measuring tape, did I have it on tight, did I leave a finger's worth of space... I can get all obsessive compulsive on it. I bought a body fat measuring caliper Accumeasure attempting to use that but I'm getting the same problem...

But yeah, I've been stuck at 160 for over a month and supposedly calorie-wise I should've been losing 1.5 lbs a week so the scale sucks.

One question, 2% bodyfat? How'd you do that, that's amazingly low!
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Getting that low was pretty in body fat was pretty tough, It was just before I competed down in Redondo Beach CA, in Mr Olympia (natural) in 2000 and I managed to place 3rd. Bodybuilding is a really tough sport it's not a sometime thing it's something you have to do 24/7. Even though it's been a while (yikes 10 years) I'd like to do another compitition in the next few years.
  • lcouterm
    lcouterm Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Never "wishful thinking" call it "Determined" thinking.
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    Never "wishful thinking" call it "Determined" thinking.

I like that!!!