weekends/bday parties etc....harder to stay on track..

Options
Hello there:

I am still very new here and trying to get all the advice and tips i can get. It seems my nieces and nephews were all born in November (well 3 of them) and ofcourse this month I have 3 birthday parties...where there is A LOT OF GOOD but not low calorie food. I try to pick the best I can....but honestly I always go over on the weekends I find...I just seem to want to try a little bit of everything...or want to snack more while we watch a family movie etc.

What do you do on the weekends? do you stick to your regular eating plan? what do you do at dinner parties?

Input gratly appreciated

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Most people have this issue. I have November stuff too. Two birthdays and Thanksgiving. Focus on making better choices than you used to. And exercise...a lot! I went to a girls weekend this weekend and food and snacks were everywhere. That damn candy bowl LOL. On Saturday, I went for a 7 mile run! So I got to eat a LOT on Saturday. My goal after my run was 2100 calories. I still went over, but only by about 200 calories.

When I got home Sunday afternoon, I weighed myself. I didn't gain ANY weight on my weekend. That never happens! I'm sure it was the running.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I have band rehearsals like that - cake, pizza, good munchies . . .

I know I'm going, so I eat filling, low calorie food beforehand.
    I do a bit of extra exercise to build up a buffer.
    I pick my very favorite thing and take one piece of it, eat it slowly, and enjoy every bit of it
    I DRINK WATER, TEA, OR COFFEE. Skipping sweet drinks - or even milk or diet iced teas saves a ton of calories.
    I take tiny helpings - a bite or two - of other things I want to try
    I skip things that are good, but I can live without

Several studies have shown that munching while watching a screen is the best way to pound on weight. Either bring a healthy snack with you for movie watching or just learn to skip it. Popcorn with soy sauce isn't bad in terms of calories, and we all like it in my family. Celery stuffed with hummus is my new favorite low cal snack.

Or just learn to skip it. If I have something to drink in my hand (like water or tea) I don't miss the munch.
  • Ewa101975
    Ewa101975 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thank you - I really have to add more exercise and skip or really try for just a tiny try of the sweet stuff...I think I am addicted to chocolate and cake...lol

Thank you all
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I eat all the things I normally would, but just much smaller portions. I log it. If necessary I eat a little less the next day. But usually, unless it is a massive pig-out, it isn't going to be enough to make me GAIN any weight because I'm already eating at a deficit.