65 years old and struggling to lose

Options
Hi I am on 1200 a day and really struggling to lose I manage to keep within my 1200 . I am active and walk and play badminton. do you think I should be exercising more or is it just going to be slow as I am older. I dont have a lot to lose about 1 stone . Any tips for OAPs

Replies

• hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    As a result of reading the posts I have decided to explore going to the gym and start weight training. I am 66 and walk daily and I am on 1400 cal (why 1400 I dont know). No problem with the calories but, since winter usually puts on the pounds, I decided that extra exercise would be the answer. So from one OAP to another thats what I have decided. Good luck
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the 1200 cal per day? How many calories are you burning thru exercise? Are you logging your foods and are you meeting your daily requirements for vitamins & protein? Have you been losing weight for a while and are just trying to lose the last few pounds?
  • lynn3147
    Options
    Thank you very much for your reply. I seem to be spending my life knocking off a few pounds . I am very fortunate that I have had several holidays this year I loose a few pounds and stick to my 1200 then a holiday or dinner invitation with friends comes along and it goes on again . I have 10 weeks before I go to South Africa and I Must loose 14lbs. Each time I try it seems harder to come off. I am only 1 stone overweight maybe this is the problem combined with my age. Today I have decided to make myself take. More exercise. I really don't find the 1200 difficult sometimes I manage 1000 thinking that I can use the additional calories in the week if I am out. Can you tell me if this works and also does water intake help metabolism or is it supposed to take the hunger pangs away
    I am always within my limit for sugar fat and carbs but always a little over with protein.
    It is great being retired but I fear my social life is to blame.