Gotta get serious now!

Options
...and maybe getting active on these message boards will help me keep my motivation up.

Hi everybody, I am a married 36 year old stay at home mom to 4 kids. I was always quite thin growing up but since having kids and slacking off in the eating department, and simply getting older, the weight has caught up to me. I have about 30 lbs to lose, a few more would be alright too.

So I've just started getting serious again about losing some weight. It took me quite a while to build up the courage to start saying no to my beloved junk food! It's an addiction! I started last Thursday doing the 17 Day Diet, well I modify it a bit but I do follow it as much as possible and use it to help guide me. I think I have done quite well so far avoiding the sugar and processed crap and am already feeling great! I can do this despite the husband constantly trying to sabotage me by bringing home all kinds of chips and sweet things!

The myfitnesspal app put my caloric goal to 1200 so that is what I'm doing. Trying to get lots of fresh veggies and lean protein in, avoid the sugar and white stuffs. Gonna get more regular on that ol' treadmill too. Would love to share notes and opinions with others.

Replies

• chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, best of luck on your journey!
  • sahmom24
    sahmom24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    Add me too :) I joined this site in Feb 12 but I was barely on and seldom logged until June 12. I think it's because I became a lot more active in the forums and have a lot of friends on here that keep tabs on me :bigsmile:
  • sahmom24
    sahmom24 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I sent you a friend request. :-)
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    giving up junk food is a great place to start and after a while you dont even miss it :)
  • SouthernDad
    SouthernDad Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I also need to lose 30 lbs... You have a 4 pound head start on me but I'm motivated, competitive and going to shed these pounds. I got my little Fitbit One and I'm going to wear that thing out.