HI I am new to this and I really hope this works for me.

Options
HI everyone! I have struggled with my weight since I have been a teenager. The last six years with moving to different countries and getting married and having a child have made me stressed out and gain lot of wieght . I am talking about 80+ lbs.My self esteem hit rock bottom and I felt caged inside all that fat. I have tried dieting and excercise many times only to fall back worse then i started off with. The fear of failure gripped me more than the attempt to loose weight. I strongly feel once you win the battle of the mind the body will follow and I think I ovecame that and now i feel I am ready to step out again to win this race. So all you wonderful people out there please do encourage me, for lack of motivation is my biggest weakness. Let me into your secrets for "I have miles to go before I sleep ". love to be known by all MFL"s ou there .

Replies

• lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

All I can offer is my experience that by tracking my calories and nutritional values, I am able to eat healthier versions of all the foods that I love while learning better habits for life and losing weight along the way.

I average a very slow 1 pound a week and that works really well for me.

I am retraining myself and learning all sorts of great recipies along the way and eating better than I have in years!

And dont be too hard on yourself in regards to your goal weight.

Take it easy and cut yourself some slack to avoid setting yourself up for failure.

That's all I got!

Good luck!!!
  • ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Baby steps! Log everything! Drink your water! Get great at doing that and add exercise in. Meal planning is helpful too. Weigh and measure your food! You can do THIS!
  • chronologie2
    Options
    Hello, and welcome to MFP. This site is really helping me, to eat healthily and and loose weight in a controlled manner. No points to calculate, or specific foods to avoid. Keeping track of everything I eat in a day was a great revelation, and i have changed my eating habits slowly - for the better. The support you get from everyone here is amazing, after all we are all here for the same reason. When you have good weeks you can't wait to tell everyone the good news, and when you have bad weeks everyone helps you put it into perspective.. Good luck...