general consensis: ok for Men in zumba class?

Options
I like to dance and am thinking that a Zumba class would be lots more fun than the tread mill....

any thoughts?

ok?

Not ok?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Why not?

Just don't be a creeper.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    It's a free country. Unless the class description says "women only" (some do, especially weight classes to encourage women to get involved)....

GO FOR IT.
  • DCskat3r4lfe
    DCskat3r4lfe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Based off of the commercials I seen... I wouldn't be doing too much dancing.. lol. But thats my young mind taking over.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Go for it...if you lack moves though, then I would probably laugh at you.
  • sarafay80
    sarafay80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have attended Zumba at a couple of different places and there were always men in the class. It's a fun aerobic type class that is geared for anyone - not just women.

As with any class, as long as you are following along and truly there for the class, no one else will give it a second thought.

Just make sure to HAVE FUN! My favorite Zumba quote -- "it's a party, not perfection. Just keep moving your body"
  • Elainejk21
    Elainejk21 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    There are generally a couple guys in the zumba classes I take.. I say why not?? It shows you're confident and you're willing to have fun, and it IS a good cardio workout. Try it several times before you decide to like/dislike it. The moves are easier the more you go to class.
  • tfowler306
    Options
    Go for it...if you lack moves though, then I would probably laugh at you.

I'm sure my moves would be lacking the first few times.... I can laugh at myself, enough so that you would just be joining the fun!
  • jennahv93
    Options
    real men aren't ashamed to dance hahaha
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I think it would be great! Why should you be excluded because you have external plumbing instead of internal?
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    Men in Zumba is a-okay with me. As long as you are REALLY there to enjoy the class and not look at ladies. My Wednesday Zumba class has a man who comes with his wife every week. He finds a way to make his moves masculine (because there are lots of girly moves) and people barely notice him. ON THE OTHER HAND. In my daytime Zumba class there was a VERRYYYY attractive body builder type, who came for his cardio. His presence was a HUGE distraction. The women could not work out because he was such a huge hunk of eye candy. So...it could go either way for you.
  • Captainobvvious
    Captainobvvious Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I've never taken Zumba but I've taken other group classes like Spin and a cardio kickboxing esque class and they're all packed with women but I've never seen anyone have a problem with me being there nor have I ever been the only man.

Its a good workout.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Why not?

Just don't be a creeper.

Uhm yes be a creeper wtf.

And I love yoga, definitely doesnt make me feel girly
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Yes, make sure your outfit matches your purse.