Thinking about the 30 Day Shred

Options
So I'm really thinking about doing the 30 Day Shred, as I've been mainly focusing on cardio but really need some strength training and can't afford an expensive gym membership/trainer. I'm just wondering if it's right for me. I'm certainly stronger than I was when I started losing weight and exercising three months ago, but I'm still 224 pounds. I don't have knee or joint issues, which I'm hearing are really the only complaints about this video. But I'm just wondering if anyone out there in a similar shape has had any positive or negative experiences with this. Thanks all!

Replies

• corbinam
    corbinam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I would most def recommend this!! I had great success... and the nice thing about it is that there are different moderations you can do to suit your needs (she explains this in the video). For me, it was totally worth the $10 and 30 mins a day!!!! GO for it girl!!
  • fletchleg
    fletchleg Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was 330lbs when I did the 30 day shred and although I had to modify a few of the moves cos I (stupidly) jumped straight in to it from not working out, ever I loved it.
    Definitely recommend it.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great news! Thanks! I'm pretty pumped now. :)
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I weigh the exact same as you, am on Day 8, and have lost 3 pounds. I highly recommend it!
  • leanneakaliz
    leanneakaliz Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It is amazing but what I will mention is not many people lose a lot of weight on it, some do some don't. I have actually gained 2lbs but the difference in my body shape and fat loss is astounding within just 10 days (lvl1) I lost 3/4 of my back fat. If you do do it please please take pictures! I started this dvd a few months ago and quit cause I saw no difference on the scale, this time around im taking pictures after ive finished every level and the difference is amazing :)
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    It is amazing but what I will mention is not many people lose a lot of weight on it, some do some don't. I have actually gained 2lbs but the difference in my body shape and fat loss is astounding within just 10 days (lvl1) I lost 3/4 of my back fat. If you do do it please please take pictures! I started this dvd a few months ago and quit cause I saw no difference on the scale, this time around im taking pictures after ive finished every level and the difference is amazing :)

I appreciate your heads-up on this. I actually saw a lot of people saying they gained weight in muscle, which I am expecting, but you could totally see the difference in their bodies when the provided pictures.
  • Lovlilyn
    Lovlilyn Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The 30-day Shred shredded my knees in about 20 days, and I had to give it up. Up to that point, I did like the excersises, but I did not have any weight loss nor increase muscle (btw, unless you are training hours a day, you really are not going to increase muscle mass that quickly. It takes average person about a year to put on 1# of muscle).

I was very careful with my form doing all the squats and lunges, but my knees were so sore, I had trouble going down stairs, and I got scared that I could do permanent damage, so I quit. It took about 6 weeks before I no longer had pain in my knees.
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start this very soon - I'm all prepared to start, but I hurt my ankle a week or so ago, so just want to rest it a bit more before I get back into doing things - mainly the cardio part of it.
    I'm a bit heavier than you, I'm 115kg / 253 lbs, but I'm not fussed by that, up until I hurt my ankle I was doing C25K with no issue. As long as you don't go from doing nothing to doing something full on, I think you'll be fine.
    Add me if you want and we'll probably be doing it at the same time :)