I can't keep up with my carorie goal

Options
I always seem to be under. Is that good or bad?

Replies

• ltlhmom
    ltlhmom Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    What is your calories set at?
  • redbudwhite
    Options
    1200 goal + 258 exercise = 1458 I'm doing good 1000
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm never at 1,200 myself. I asked my doctor what he thought and he said that as long as I meet all of my Fiber and Protein goals I'm all set. I eat a ton of vegetables too and make sure I have enough calcium etc.

I'm not telling you its ok because every person is different. Thats just what my doctor told me in my case. And I see a doctor for blood work on a regular basis for other reasons. I have also never gone into starvation mode and lose at a steady pace.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    You need to eat at least 1200 net calories daily. You can find your net calories by subtracting unused exercise cals from cals you actually ate. Example: You ate 1200, burnt 400 (1600), and only ate back 200 of those (1400). So subtract 200 leftover calories from 1400 & you have 1200 net cals. Hope that makes sense. That's how I figured out I wasn't eating enough. Now I try to stay above 1200 net cals every day.
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    depends on who you ask. i try and eat my calorie goal, but i don't always achieve it. try a slice of cheese or something to get you past that hump.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I use olive oil for this matter. Works well.
  • tinap1
    tinap1 Posts: 27
    Options
    WOW! im impressed ladies. Im supposed to only have 1200 and im having such a hard time. i keep going over. How do you guys do it?
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    You didn't mention your height and weight, but I'm generally of the belief that most people shouldn't be eating 1000 cals a day with exercise. You need fuel!
  • KA22
    KA22 Posts: 4
    Options
    What the heck are you all talking about??? My goal is 1200 cal/day. I exercise and burn about 300 - that allows me 1500 cal/day right? Well I ALWAYS try to keep UNDER the 1500 - isn't that how your going to lose weight??
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    Nope. You need to eat more to weigh less. Counterintuitive, I know, but it works. You need to stay above 1200 net cals.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    You need to put more petrol in your car to keep it going dont ya? Same with your body.
  • KA22
    KA22 Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow really? Is this because your body thinks your starving it - starvation mode?
  • redbudwhite
    Options
    I'm eating as I write..lol Now I have a better understanding..
    Thank You Everyone!!!
  • DrBorkBork
    Options
    KA22, MFP automatically puts you at a deficit when you set your goals, thus a need for eating back at least some of your workout cals to stay above 1200 a day. Food is fuel. Always keep your tank as full as possible so you can drive all day and cruise all night :)
  • JimandCindy
    Options
    I always get a warning if my calorie intake is too low. What is your weekly goal set at? One pound per week? or More?