To all the moms out there...

Options
124»

Replies

• TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Respectively I gained:
    #1: 14 lbs (She weighed 4-11 She was 7 weeks premature due to issues with the umbillical cord. Completely healthy, home on
    day 3) Did I mention the morning sickness every - every - every day)
    #2: 16 lbs (He weighed 7-11)
    #3: 18 lbs (He weighed 8 lbs)
    #4: 20 lbs (She weighed 8-8)
    #5: 22 lbs (He weighed 8-11)

#5 was the hardest to lose and I was in great shape when I got pregant. I walked at least one mile every day in 45-50 min. I was a size 1 and had a body fat of 18%.

I also cringe when people say they gained 50+ lbs. There is no reason for it.

I totally disagree with this, just not arguing. i was 18 when i got married and then pregnant 3 months later. i barely ate and had horrible morning sickness as well as worked over 40 hours a week, sometimes over 70. as i said i barely ate. my weight gain was actually from drinking milk, i never drank it before, but they told me how much to drink and i drank. i still gained 80.

the second where i gained over 40 i ate a bit more, worked a lot less, and had less morning sickness, but still a lot. still ate healthy like the first, and drank even more milk than the first.

the third i gained about 50, ate a normal amount for a person NOT pregnant, and did not work, but baby sat and chased kids around all day and night, burning double the calories of the second pregnancy.

**** reason im arguing your statement, is simply because the weight you gain CAN be avoided in some cases, others it cannot be avoided at all. if im not eating, and working between 40 and 80 hours a week, then gaining 80lbs isnt really my fault. baby #1 was 7lb14oz. baby number 2- 7lb14oz as well. and baby number 3- 7lb4oz. baby one was perfectly healthy, number two was but had breathing problems first 20minutes of life and small case of jaundice. baby number three healthy until he dropped down almost a lb and didnt regain it. but i still had a lower appetite during the pregnancies, and the only time i really ate bad stuff was taco bell once in a while, i cooked healthy foods at home most of the time, did my walking, etc. and had to have cesarians each time
  • MeeshKB
    MeeshKB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I also cringe when people say they gained 50+ lbs. There is no reason for it.

Actaully, there can be reason for it. With multiples pregnancies it is often recommended that mama eat a higher calorie, nutritious diet to ensure adequate nutrition for both babes. I did, and I am quite sure that it's one of the reasons I delivered full-term, normal weight healthy twins.
  • onematch
    onematch Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I only gained 15 lbs with each pregnancy.
    Unfortunately I now weigh more than I did at 9 months pregnant.
    As long as you eat healthy and don't use it as an excuse to eat cookies at every meal, you'll be fine.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    No idea, I was very sick each time though and lost in the first 16 weeks, I was back in normal clothes by 6-8 weeks post baby all three times. Breastfeeding can really help with weight loss but can also make you hungry, you need to watch what you eat.
  • EbAbYgONhArD2013
    Options
    50 lbs the first time lost that then 75lbs the second time
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I gained 42 lbs exactly with each baby!
  • specialemy
    specialemy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Don't let all the pregnancy horror stories get to you if you hear any. Everyone's body and health is different. I'm a Type 2 diabetic and ended up gaining about 50lbs during my pregnancy. I also retained a lot of water plus had swollen legs and ankles during the last month and was put on bed rest. After having a c-section I was able to drop most of that weight in the first year.
  • bethanywink
    Options
    Yeah, it seems like a lot of people say either this XXX number is healthy or this XXX number is unhealthy. Your body is going to gain/not gain what it does. Just eat healthy, take care of that baby and you, and enjoy being pregnant - it's such a fun experience.

I gained 50 pounds and no one ever said it was unhealthy, I didn't over eat, I walked, I did everything a normal pregnant woman should do. I did have high BP and had a lot of swelling, which added a lot of weight to my body.

Don't be scared. Like I said, it's such a fun experience that you don't realize what you are gaining/loosing at the time.

I've lost 58 pounds since having my daughter and I did it through excercise and watching what I eat. Most of it, it's just your body naturally letting go of the baby weight.

I did not breastfeed, so don't think you need to breastfeed to loose weight - that's another thing!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 pounds. Bug was 7 lbs, 19 oz... but to be honest, I was not hungry at all... didn't eat much outside of macaroni and cheese, multi-vitamins and ensure drinks. I could go days without eating... seriously.

People gain weight differently while pregnant. Each pregnancy is different. Just do the best you can to eat healthy (and not overeat) and be somewhat active.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I put o 24 pounds with my first and um... 40+ pounds with my second. I was shocked when my second wasn't a 30 pound baby. ;)

I really "let myself go" with the second though. Badly.
  • Wende3
    Wende3 Posts: 41
    Options
    I have three boys. With my first I gained 63 pounds - he was 8 pounds 9 ounces. Second one I put on 67 and he was 9 pounds. Third I put on 54 pounds and he was 8 pounds 14 ounces. Took me about 8-12 months to lose the weight.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I gained 60 with my daughter and 55 with my son.

Daughter: starting weight was 140, weight on the day I delivered 200. She was only 6lbs 3oz
    Son: starting weight 145, weight on the day I delivered 200. He was only 7lbs 3oz

I WAS FAT!!! Ate everything in site and didn't worry about it one bit.

Within 8-10 weeks I was back to 145 and stayed there for 7 years. Then I finally decided 145 was still too fat for my height so I got real serious and strict and lost 25lbs in 12 weeks. Since then I have put on some size and muscle and I sit between 125 and 128.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I gained 51 lbs with my son and 54 with my daughter. I will caveot this to say, however, that with both pregnancies, about 35 of it was pure water retention. I swear that every oz of water I drank my body just soaked up! Even my DR told me "your body does NOT like being pregnant!" yeah thanks. Within 2 weeks of giving birth to each one, that 35 lbs was gone.
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I gained a whopping 13 pounds and gave birth to a 6 pound stick. (She was 22" long. See? A stick.) I never looked pregnant. I was due on a Friday. Went in to labor on Thursday. When I was in the baby store on Wednesday, the clerks acted like I was slightly off my rocker when I told them I was due in two days. I never needed maternity clothes. I wore leggings while I was pregnant and I left the hospital in blue jeans.
  • snowbelle2012
    Options
    I gained 30 pounds with my son.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    22 pounds...but it took me 14 years to lose it....lol Ok, that wasn't funny. But I've yoyo'd my whole adult life until the last 2 years. Done real well! Finally!