Two Ingredient Banana Peanut Butter Sorbet

Options
Like the title suggests, this is a super easy, super cost-effective recipe. You get even more bang for your buck, though - it’s also super healthy and super clean. Depending on the peanut butter you use, it can also be gluten-free and vegan.

All you’ll need is frozen bananas and peanut butter. Bananas freeze the best when they’re on their way to being overripe, so put them in the freezer when brown spots are starting to overtake the yellow.

Once your bananas are frozen (this should take about a night), peel and mash them. If you prefer a smoother sorbet, stick them in a blender. Fold in however much peanut butter suits your tastes (I use a tablespoon per banana) once you have finished mashing or blending the bananas so that you get nice, long ribbons of it throughout the sorbet. Freeze another couple of hours to set. Serve.

tumblr_mcs6zq7fxU1qih32ko1_500.jpg

WARNING: This is NOT low-cal. When I make it, I use two bananas and two tbsp peanut butter and it comes to 400 calories. It's clean, it's healthy, but it's NOT low-cal. Really good split into two portions and used for a little dessert on days when you have a few extra left in the bank.

Replies