Best Sports Bra?

Options
I need to invest in a better sports bra... the one I currently have is not fitting me correctly (It fit me when I was a size C three years ago.. after gaining weight and then losing it again I went from a 36C to a 38D to now a 36D/34DD)

So ladies, what bra do you recommend?

Replies

• amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    actually if you want those babies to stay pretty good, i'd suggest an enell. it doesn't look as cute as the small bust girls wear in all bright neon colors but it def makes sure they stay in place nicely LOL. its a bit of an investment too

edit: got a pic for you images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWLUmRb9tl7Z8XvYIFwx-Y34PLDeGUoLZxzwqpk6Lgh5gzyQLSlA
  • hottoddy2
    Options
    I am a 38DDD so I have a similar problem! :( I'm currently using a Champion bra in size 36DD for compression. I want to bounce as little as possible (I jog) - but I'm not sure it's the best bra for me. I'd love to see what others post. I need to heed my own advice, but i think the best thing to do is see a professional and be fitted for one. I have not yet made the time to do so. :)
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm every going to need one.....but my friends that are "well endowed" say that UNDER ARMOUR bras are the best!.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm not all that big (36C) and I don't run so a simple Hanes works fine for me but local radio DJ who runs marathons regularly recommends wearing two at the same time for added support.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am small busted but have words of wisdom, do not get one that goes over your head, after a hard work out the last thing you need to do is fight your way out of your bra! I sometimes have to give up and wait until I have recovered before I can get out of the blasted thing!
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I love Moving Comfort's bras.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. Both the Fiona and the Juno have been a godsend to me while jogging.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I think I have every color of the Champion sports bra from Target
  • ohkola
    ohkola Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks for the enell suggestion, amenok! I've just been doubling up on cheapie sports bras but that's uncomfortable.
  • jennbeaudry
    Options
    I bought an under armour one online a few months back and love it. It is the one with the zip up front and criss cross straps. I hate pulling a bra over my head so this was fantastic. It compresses really well.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I don't fit Enell, unfortunately, but I've been really pleased with the newish Panache sports bra. It's attractive and gives quite a nice shape, instead of squashing you like some sports bras, and it's comfortable.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Freya. For any girl that has significantly fuller boobs than ribcage.
    Shock absorber works too, but the fit is a bit tricky.

I am ridiculously endowed and can run in these without knocking myself out.

enell is highly touted, but garbage. It assumes that all women with larger boobs have a larger ribcage. if you have alarger ribcage, I guess it would work for you, but if you busty with a smaller bone structure, I wouldn't recommend it.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    "I don't fit Enell, unfortunately, but I've been really pleased with the newish Panache sports bra. It's attractive and gives quite a nice shape, instead of squashing you like some sports bras, and it's comfortable"

hear hear!

you might like Freya too
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    im a 36D...so i know all about your bra issues...

i tried eveything and nothing worked until i found the Moving Comfort brand...the Maia one in particular...

check amazon.com for the best prices...
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I bought one of the Enell ones and while it does keep them from moving at all, I found it very hard to breathe in. Especially if I had to sit down in it (like a bus/car ride to a race). Not worth that for me. I still wear Champion ones (with the under wire) and found them to be just fine when I was doing more walking and only a little running. Now that I am doing more running, I still use the Champion ones, but double bra it with a non underwire, uni-boob bra and found that combo to be perfect. BTW, I am a 38DD.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Best bra = hand bra
  • jharb2
    jharb2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I wear a Champion - available at ****s and Kohls in lingerie dept. I'm a 36D
  • sandimack
    sandimack Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    MOVING COMFORT, for sure! It has no bounce and it compresses and has dry wicking. I like the one with underwire support. :glasses:
  • notyouraveragetalia
    Options
    Another vote for Champion. Kohls or if you have an Outlet Mall by you there is usually a Champion store or Hanes store that carries them at a discount!
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have a heavy duty Berlei shock absorber which is really good - 38DD. Sizing seems a little on the small side unless they're supposed to be that tight, but they do a great job of strapping it all down safely.