Just realized I gained back every pound I lost...

Options
Hey,

I'm feeling terrible about myself. I stepped on the scale this morning and looked at the number...160. I could no longer pretend I was thin or attractive anymore. I feel so incredibly awful, I have an exam tonight but can't even focus on reviewing for it.

I'm back to tracking. I had great success on the old weight watchers, for whatever reason I couldn't make the new program work. I did all right on my own for a few years and kept my weight around 140. I honestly don't know where it all went wrong, but I allowed myself to pack on 20 pounds. I hope this works.

Thanks for listening (or not),

Replies

• isntbaconhealthy
    Options
    I feel you. It hurts. Remember how good getting there felt too. I am in the same boat. Dont look at 20lbs, look at one day at a time. You can do this. Again, and again and again if you have to.

GO!!
  • PhoenixJR
    PhoenixJR Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I've started weightlifting and crossfit. I made an appointment to go tonight, but I am so frustrated, I have so much work to do.

With the Holidays coming up, I am too petrified to even go see family, lest I suffer through their comments.
  • jennahv93
    Options
    i currently weigh 160 lbs and would like to be 140 lbs. its difficult and ive just started fitness pal. i have tried PLENTY of diets in the past and am hoping i can stick this one out. i totally feel you on your weight issues getting your focus off of school. Whenever i weigh myself before class or eat something i shouldn't have it is very difficult to pay attention. Its hard to be confident in your school work when you are not confident in your own body.
  • jennahv93
    Options
    how is crossfit for you? i have heard its very difficult and have been thinking of trying but not sure if i could do it
  • Beachtreasures
    Beachtreasures Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Tough love… First you have to stop feeling sorry for yourself and beating yourself up. I have been you and it isn’t easy. If you have done weight watchers, you know that logging everything that you put into your mouth is key. Be honest with your tracking!!! If you eat something and you don’t write it down you are only cheating yourself. You can do it! You can do it! You can do it! Get yourself organized and pick yourself up a new journal. Start fresh. Good luck!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Hey, it sucks, but that's life ...... we have ups and we have downs ..... we can also make good decisions as well as bad decisions ...... so, make GOOD decisions from now on !

Twenty pounds isn't the end of the world ....... if your family makes remarks, just smile & change the subject ....... over & over again, if you have to ...... after awhile, they'll get the hint (or not) :drinker:
  • PhoenixJR
    Options
    It is very difficult, and I usually feel like a bus ran over me the next day, but I love it.
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    And to think I was just celebrating having ONLY 20 lbs left to lose!
  • heljay1
    heljay1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just get back on the wagon - you've done it before and can do it again. Remember how good you felt at that weight and visualise yourself as that person. You are that person. Good luck :)

xx
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Back in 1996 I lost down to a size 9, I don't remember what I weighed but that was down from a size 18. I, however, put the weight back on. Now I have lost over 80 lbs and have made it a lifestyle change because I know that for me I can't eat 'junk food' or 'fast food' and reach my goal of 150lbs. I eat very clean because it makes me feel better, physically, mentally and everything else in between. For example, I had Little Ceasars cheese bread the other night and was in the bathroom all day the next day. Why do that to my body, sure it was good but it wasn't excellent, ya know. Be good to your body and it'll be good to you. Good luck on your journey :)
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're discouraged but look at it this way. You're getting back into the groove before it gets worse. Take it from someone who had 100+ to lose. I iwish I'd been as smart as you to nip it in the bud. There are lots of friends on here that you can go to . You've done it before and you CAN do it again. Just tell your family," If you don't have anything encouraging to say, don't say anything at all."
  • dogo187
    dogo187 Posts: 376
    Options
    i know just how you feel....

a few months ago i fell off for two months and gained back 20lbs...it was horrible and i felt just as bad....

add me if you like...
  • Wendyma1
    Wendyma1 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I actually just this morning had to reset my tracker. Sucks looking at the number and seeing "0 pounds lost"! Like you, I my first goal is to get to 140, I am currently at 150.9.

Through exercise and healthy eating we can do it though, did it once before, so why not again! :)

Wendy
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    First thing I'm going to ask is....did you lose weight the healthy way or did you cut your calories below 1200 to lose it? If you cut below 1200 per day to lose it...that was the wrong way and it'll always come back and usually bring friends. Count your lucky stars you've only gained 20 lbs.....

Don't become discourage, starting now.....get back on the horse, start counting calories, make sure you're getting lots of good vegetables and fruits every day. Add in some exercise (it doesn't have to be excessive) . Today is a new day...you start with a clean slate.

Now...go study so you can pass your test tonight! :smile:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I know; I've done the same 4 times in my adult life.

Well, back at it. Tracking works!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing! Back on here trying to keep myself in check again and drop those last 15 or so that I I need to get rid of....i am a lifetime weight watcher--you didn't lose on the new points because most people didn't...they had to revamp it again...I think their points were off or something....regardless, I personally need to eat a bit less and move a bit more....one day at a time, I will not waste one more minute being mad/upset with myself...I will use those minutes to get moving and burning some calories so that I can feel better sooner than later! Best of luck, add me if you like!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You're going to get there again. Remember how sh1t you feel right now, remember that feeling, and use it, let it motivate you whenever you feel like crashing or cheating.

You've made the first step babe
    x
  • PhoenixJR
    Options
    I lost the weight slowly over the course of a year. I was using the old weight watchers system. It was simple and the sense of community really kept me motivated.

Just as I reached my goal, they did this huge overhaul of the system. Within two months of following the new system, I was up 5 pounts from my goal 130 to 135. I spoke with the leader and we decided my goal may have been too low. My weight still kept slowly creeping up and I started to become very frustrated.

I left weight watchers and was able to keep my weight between 140-145. This was really ok. I looked ok and fit into clothes at regular stores. Then this past summer a slew of extremely stressful events threw me off course. I just kept packing on weight. I hit 145, then 150, then 155 and finally, today, 160. My clothes barely fit and I am terrified to even go shopping for new ones for fear I will have to go to the "plus" section. My long delusion of still looking ok was just completely shattered. I am back where I was when I started, and I will be this size for the rest of my twenties because it is not going to come off as quickly as it went on.
  • Joel402
    Joel402 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey man, I feel for you. My wife and I were doing really well with exercise and diet before our wedding earlier this year. After we got married we both stopped being accountable for each other. Six months later and we are both back to encouraging each other. Now our motivation is the mind set that there is no reason to be out of shape before we are 30!
  • snappylin
    Options
    OMG I just had the same thing happen. I stepped on the scale this week and was 160. Ive gained 30 lbs since college. This is the first year of my thirties and Ive got to lose this weight.