Pancake/Waffle Recipes!?!

Options
I absolutely love pancakes and waffles, and my boyfriend and I always want them on the weekends. I have tried using whole wheat flour, Greek yourt pancakes, and the sugar free pancake mix.... I feel like they all taste good but my boyfriend never likes them and always complains about how they aren't as sweet as normal pancakes. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make the pancakes healthier while still keeping them tasty enough for my picky eater boyfriend to like?

Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i like these

Oatmeal pancakes

6 egg whites
    1 cup cottage cheese lite or normal
    1 cup oatmeal
    2 tsp sugar or stevia
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 tsp cinnamon

Put all in blender and process until smooth. Makes about 8 pancakes, using 1/4 cup of batter per pancake.
  • prettyinpink4319
    Options
    So I am currently: dairy-free, sugar-free, bread-free, alcohol-free.

Even with this limited choice of ingredients, I was determined to make a waffle.

RECIPE:
    - Banana (1)
    - Vanilla almond or soy milk (almond is better if you have it) (~1/4 c? add more if it's too clumpy)
    - Cinnamon (dash)
    - Peanut butter (~1 TBSP)
    - Raisins/Walnuts: Optional

Mix the ingredients together, throw on the waffle iron.

Pretty good! Trying to figure out how to make it a little sweeter, without sugar... homemade jam?
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This was recently posted and i tried it yesterday.

Mash a banana, beat in 2 eggs, cook like pancakes. You'll want to oil or spray the pan with no stick first.

They turned out pretty good. I sprinkled some stevia and sliced some strawberries on top.
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    The two eggs and banana pancakes are just Great. I fixed them for my boyfriend this past weeked and he loved them and he hates everything.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

1/2 Cup Flour
    1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
    1 tsp Baking Powder
    1/2 tsp Cinnamon
    1 Tbsp Splenda
    1 egg equivalent of egg substitute
    1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
    1/2 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce

Makes 6 Pancakes
    Cook batter at 1/4 cup portions and you get two for 134 calories!
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i made protein powder pancakes the other day i made it by just mixing protein powder with water untill it was the consistansy of pancake batter and cooked them they were so good!
    itll be kind of lumpy for the mix but it will cook well!
  • jhanso86
    Options
    All of these sound great :)