Anyone struggling with weight related to Anxiety/Depression

Options
I've decided today to get back to being healthy. I've been battling with Anxiety and Depression for a long time now. Over the last 2 months I've been off work on stress leave and really working to find the write medication. I think I've finally found one that is working, but it's just so hard to pick up the pieces and to get motivated when all I want to do is sit on the couch and watch tv or sleep. I know that I will feel better once I get my active and shed these lbs, but it's just the getting started part. The first step always seems the hardest to make.

Anyone have some motivation to share with me? I could really use it.

Replies

• liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Just gotta get up and start. No one on here can really motivate you of you're not motivated yourself. Just start walking everyday and go from there. Eat more veggies, fruits. Just try to get out more. Jogging helped with my depression, and virtually stopped my panic attacks :)
  • carrief10
    carrief10 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Thanks for the advise.
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend taking Omega-3s. Studies have shown they work better than anti-depressants and it has the added benefit of making your skin look great. You have to take ones that specifically say "Mood" on them as you need a certain dosage. This is the one I take:

http://amzn.com/B001181OJG

It takes about 3-4 weeks to kick in. But in the meantime, definitely keep up with some exercise. Cardio definitely helps mood!
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I went through a period of lot of anxiety and depression. I lost 24 lbs between last New Years and July and felt great. Ate good and excercised 5x week. Then have no idea what happened but slammed into a brick wall end of July. No motivation or energy. Crazy amount of hair loss. Started seeing Dr's. Found out it may be related to my Thyroid but still doing tests on that. I've been a little better this past month but still difficult to get moving again and to eat right. I did go out and run yesterday and felt awesome. Running really helps! If I can keep running then that helps me stay motivated. That alone helps me to eat healthy just because I feel better from the run. It can be a real struggle though. Good luck with everything!

I just saw an earlier post about Omega 3's. What about Vitamin D?? I heard that's supposed to help to....yes...no..?
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Not sure about vitamin D, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt!