Best Sports Bra?

Options

Replies

• christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Best bra = hand bra

Yeah.... very funny until you have to actually run, in public, holding yourself in place because it hurts. Never again.
  • mandersatx
    Options
    I switch brands to what's on sale, because sports bras for busty women are freakin' expensive! I use the 2 bra methodology instead: 1 underwire sports bra in your regular bra size & 1 "traditional" sports bra 1 cup size smaller & 1 band size smaller than you usually wear. For example, 36DD underwire topped with a 34D traditional sports bra. I've done this for years while running with nary a stretchmark in sight. Yes, it's a pain the *kitten* to wear two bras, but DDs bouncing around = back pain, stretchmarks, & sagging.
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    i have reg sized ones 36C and found this great sports bra at walmart for like 16$. They are the best ive worn so far. i even bought 2!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I wore the Enell for years and highly recommend it for stability, though I did have chafing issues in it when long distance running.

I am now wearing the Freya and it is pretty fantastic, stability is almost as good, less chafe.

Most importantly though I suggest going to get properly fitted at a store that specializes in bras only. They're miracle workers.

(for more info I wrote a blog post on this topic)

oh and I am a G
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I switch brands to what's on sale, because sports bras for busty women are freakin' expensive! I use the 2 bra methodology instead: 1 underwire sports bra in your regular bra size & 1 "traditional" sports bra 1 cup size smaller & 1 band size smaller than you usually wear. For example, 36DD underwire topped with a 34D traditional sports bra. I've done this for years while running with nary a stretchmark in sight. Yes, it's a pain the *kitten* to wear two bras, but DDs bouncing around = back pain, stretchmarks, & sagging.

expensive yes, but worth it.
    they last for years (daily running) and you don't have to wear layered bras anymore!
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I have a heavy duty Berlei shock absorber which is really good - 38DD. Sizing seems a little on the small side unless they're supposed to be that tight, but they do a great job of strapping it all down safely.

they are small, especially for Americans (as UK sizes are different)

Size up at least a band usually
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know what to recommend, but I know something to tell you not to get. Don't get the HR monitor sports bra. It works great with the HRM I must admit and the only reason I'm still wearing them. BUT they squeeze down on the back of my neck shoulder region so that it really can hurt. I put it on head to gym and come home and promptly take it off. If I leave it on it reminds me pretty quickly why it needs to come off fast.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Can not say this enough, please go get yourself professionally fitted. Preferably at a fitness/running store, not Lady Footlocker (they know squat), once you know your size and which bra works best for you, then you can go online and find it cheaper. That is how I found Moving Comfort, even though I kept being told I should try Enell for large chests. They did not work for me.
  • kimmiet801
    kimmiet801 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mistyokstate
    mistyokstate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend the new balance versatility tank with the built in bra. I normally wear a 32DD but switch to a 34D for this one and love it for running.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Not that I'm every going to need one.....but my friends that are "well endowed" say that UNDER ARMOUR bras are the best!.

YES! I love mine. Now my boobs have deflated majorly, but 50lbs and two cup sizes ago they were the only thing that kept my ladies in place.
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Shock Absorbers' bras. They keep my 34Fs supported through all sorts of things, including rugby!
  • _Dani_Girl_
    Options
    The Wacoal Sport Underwire Bra. It is so great and fits me perfectly. I've worn it during numerous half-marathons and I even wear it under my suit during triathlons. Does not chafe or ride/shift at all. http://www.wacoal-america.com/shop/bras/sport/

I went to Nordstrom and had a bra fitting--so worth it. I was buying the wrong size. Bought 1 bra there and then buy subsequent new ones on ebay for a sometimes less than half the price.
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Before i lost weight I used a Under Armour sports bra (the one that zips in the front) and it was great for my DDD chest. Now that I am much smaller I can basically use anything.
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    actually if you want those babies to stay pretty good, i'd suggest an enell. it doesn't look as cute as the small bust girls wear in all bright neon colors but it def makes sure they stay in place nicely LOL. its a bit of an investment too

edit: got a pic for you images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQWLUmRb9tl7Z8XvYIFwx-Y34PLDeGUoLZxzwqpk6Lgh5gzyQLSlA

I have this one as well, its good, but doesnt breathe like some other bras, so I find it very hot to wear
  • knittiki
    knittiki Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my enell. I went to a specialty bra shop and tried on all the other bras they had (freya, panache, anita etc) and the enell is the only one that worked for me. I think I bought it a bit too small but now it is the only bra that fits me. All the rest are too big! I also had great luck and ran a marathon in my moving comfort maia and would have gotten another one if I could have tried it on first. I was a 34H in anita when I got my size 1 enell I think. I do agree that it is hotter then the moving comfort but I think it also improves my posture.
  • krb974
    krb974 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use an Enell as well. It took a bit to get used to - having difficulties breathing, feeling the band around the ribcage as quite tight. I feel that this 'breaking in' stage is well worth it when my breast tissue is not sore after exercising. To me it was worth the investment, as I have used mine for many years. I highly recommend the Enell for ladies who are well endowed.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is a topic I am constantly struggling with as I am really chesty and without the proper bra I think the girls would hit the ground before my feet do and then rickashay up and hit my chin. I am currently wearing a Lunaire and it seems to be doing the job. And for reference I am a 36H. I also have a panache in my closet that I have never worn yet but it just about fits and it is a 34I.
  • brittanyholocker
    brittanyholocker Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump