bigest loser boot camp

annedavis
annedavis Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to these forum posts, but I'm a dedicated person trying to lose weight and get back into shape... I recently bought the biggest loser boot camp video and I have to tell you they are awesome.... I highly recommend these to any of you looking to tone your muscles.

I'm starting day 3 back to working out, running and the videos.... would like to meet some others out there that are doing the same... :bigsmile:

Good Luck everyone on your journey...

Anne

Replies

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    I am combining the Weight Loss Yoga DVD and the 30 Day Shred DVD. Good results so far! Good luck!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I have been doing the 30 Day Shred and Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout...I have plateaued and so I am adding in cardio for 45 minutes 3 times a week. I really hope this gets me there. Has anybody tried the Cardio Max DVD? How brutal is the boot camp DVD?
  • Hi Anne & welcome!
    I did the boot camp & weight loss yoga for about a month & loved them. I joined a gym so I haven't done them lately but I plan on doing them again when I'm ready for something different. Variety is good!
    Good luck to you!
    Andee
  • mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    I do the biggest loser boot camp on Tues. and Thurs. when I have the time in the morning. Didn't today, I need 30 min. to do and I only was able to do 24 min. of burn and tone. I am trying on the weekends to add boot camp 1 and 2. I use that on my exercise data as circuit training. I use a cardio dvd on the other days.
  • mschelle
    mschelle Posts: 240 Member
    I started (1/2/2010) with 30 Day Shred. I mixed in Beginner's Frontside and Beginner's Backside (which are just slower, longer versions of Shred) on the weekends.

After doing that for 30 days, I started on No More Trouble Zones (NMTZ), Burn Fat/Boost Metabolism (BFBM), Boot Camp, and recently got the Yoga Meltdown.

I always start out the week with intentions to mix it up but always find myself going back to NMTZ as my fave. Boot Camp is a good build-up workout, and even after finishing the Shred, I can't do all the Boot Camp moves along with the group.

I have Cardio Max but haven't tried it yet, since all the plyometrics from Shred and BFBM have made my big toe and foot hurt and laying off cardio seems to be helping it. (Still seeing improvements, even though I'm basically only doing weight-focused circuit training).

The Yoga one isn't really yoga and I'm afraid people who aren't taught proper form can very easily hurt themselves with that one. So, while I love Jillian and all her other stuff, I can't recommend that one.

So my oh-so-professional opinion :wink: if you're ready to move up, is to try NMTZ and alternate with BFBM. Happy shredding!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    I love the BL bootcamp. I am on level 2 and been doing it for 3 weeks. I also do the weightloss yoga and I really love and FEEL that. I decided to change things up a little and bought the shred. I am still doing them all, I am just alternating. Plus the shred is only 20 minutes so I am sometimes able to do more than one. I am definately a fan of the BL dvds.
  • I've been running about 2-3 miles on my treadmill at home and then do the bootcamp...phew it's a workout after a run.... I like all the other ideas too--- I'm the type that burns out on the same old routine, so mixing it up--I'm always down with that.... I also bought the billy bootcamp, it's a good one too...Keeps the heart rate up and you feel it the next day too!!!

Thanks for all the input... I have about 25 lbs I want to lose, so here I go!!!
This discussion has been closed.