cleanse?

Options
A girlfriend of mine suggested doing a cleanse.

Frankly, it seems like a lot of work - buying and cooking food I don't normally eat.

I'm going to lose 80 pounds and am 12 down thus far. I'm losing about 1.5 pounds per week.

Has anyone had any success doing something like a cleanse? If so, what did you do?

Replies

• runnninginmd
    Options
    If you are losing 1.5 pounds a week it sounds like you are already on the right track, so why do something like that? The weight you lose during a cleanse will likely be just water weight, probably come back, and from my experience when I was just starting to get healthy you will be hungry and miserable. Sounds like you are already doing a great job, so stick to it!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    So you are already making great progress losing 1.5lbs/week

Cleanse seems like a lot of work you say?

So......... the question is why in the world would you want to do it?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Like, on the inside parts?
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I've had the best success with this one:
    300.jpg

I also use the one with scrubbing bubbles.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Tell her to stop watching Dr. Oz.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    A girlfriend of mine suggested doing a cleanse.

Frankly, it seems like a lot of work - buying and cooking food I don't normally eat.

I'm going to lose 80 pounds and am 12 down thus far. I'm losing about 1.5 pounds per week.

Has anyone had any success doing something like a cleanse? If so, what did you do?

Every time I would go to the Golden Corral
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Drinking a lot of water is the best cleanse. Try drinking 1 liter when you first get up in the morning. Also, 1.5lbs a week is a very healthy amount to lose (2 lbs is the max a person should safely lose a week), at 1.5 lbs a week you are less likely to lose muscle, have lose skin or gain weight back.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    In my view there is only one reason to do a cleanse and that is to prep for a colonoscopy.....if you don't have to go through this procedure don't even think about doing a cleanse.

You are doing great at 1.5 pounds per week; keep doing what you are doing and you will be at your goal weight in no time at all.
  • cadams429
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • runnninginmd
    Options
    Tell her to stop watching Dr. Oz.

MFP should have a "like" button.