30 DAY SHRED

Options
Good Morning everyone!! Got a question about the 30 day shred by, Jillian Michaels. Have you used & what did you think?? I bought it & plan to start Monday doing it.. (fingers crossed). I have bought other exercise dvds in the past But didn't care for them. But I was looking at hers & she has alot of different ones so I started with this one. I did look on reviews of it & seemed to be good results afterward!!! That's what we all want GREAT results!!! Any feed back would help!!! Thank you:))):drinker:

Replies

• brenda446
    Options
    Well I started the 30 day today & I just wanted to die!! I know it will get better with time but let me say 1 thing it sure is a workout!!!!!! I f you done the work out let me know how you felt afterwards.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Great job on starting the Shred!

There are LOTS of threads here about the 30DS. One of the active threads is on the Success Stories board. Jump in and share your progress as you go. You'll also see before and during pics on that thread.

Keep shredding!
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I noticed I started to get bored with each level about 5-7 days into the levels, but just keep going because after 10 days you do the next level. Also, take measurements for this workout and don't rely on the scale. With this type of workout, I lost inches. The scale barely moved because I was losing weight and gaining muscle...so definately take your measurements. I took measurements at the begining of the program and after each level. I recently bought her Ripped in 30 and Killer Abs a few days ago, but have been sick so I haven't started them yet. Good luck:)
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    It is difficult if you are not fit. I'm 49 and never exercised, but I did this. First 3 days, thought I was going to die. But it gets better. I lost inches as well. I still add this into my workout rotation along with other things. It's the gift that keeps on giving :)
  • DoxieLove10612
    DoxieLove10612 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    lol its difficult even if you are fit. I did it for the first time this morning. I run for an hour and lift about 75 lbs (I know its weak but I have 0 upper body strength) and it kicked my tail feathers.
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now. I'm still on level 1. On day 1 everything was difficult and I couldn't imagine being able to do everything all the way through. After Day 1 I was miserably sore for 2 days. But on Day 7 I had no trouble keeping up. I still have to do the easy modified version of push ups, but everything else was good. I'm pretty sure it's going to start over when I get to level 2.
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I dont' find it to be too tough so far...today was hard because I did it after zumba. I'm somewhat fit though. I can't do pushups, I can barely do the modified ones, so today I did them against the wall.

Stick with it!

I wondering though....anyone mix it up? Like do Level 1 one day and level 2 the next?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I dont' find it to be too tough so far...today was hard because I did it after zumba. I'm somewhat fit though. I can't do pushups, I can barely do the modified ones, so today I did them against the wall.

Stick with it!

I wondering though....anyone mix it up? Like do Level 1 one day and level 2 the next?

It is meant to do Level 1 for 10 workouts and then Level 2. If you can't do pushups then level 2 will be difficult for you, a lot of it is plank moves requiring your upper body strength.
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I started Friday and felt like I was dying lol I kept giving Jillian the finger...I seriously can't keep up and have to keep taking little breaks...so I'm wondering if I did two days but didn't do each exercise as long as they did on the DVD does it still count? Haha I'll probably be on level 1 for 30 days... :tongue:
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    So far so good for me :) I have lost over 12" all over and the last time I weighed in had lost 5lbs (have gone from a size 16 to size 14) but I have seen HUGE diff everywhere especially my mid section :) Best of luck and the first day is a killer,but keep going because your body will be able to handle it :drinker:
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am on day 6 level 1, not so sore now which is good , still struggle with push ups and the side lunges with the arm movements but I am doing a lot better with the other things.
    I am suprised I am enjoying this and sticking to it ! usually I lose interest but I am determined to stick it out.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I finished the 30 days on Saturday. The last time I checked measurements was last Tuesday, about halfway through level 3. I'll measure in again tonight, but as of last Tuesday, I had lost about 9 inches total, though not many pounds - about 2-3, which matches with my calorie goals.

I upped my weights with each level (started with 2-pounders because I didn't think I could handle more), and when I finished, I was using 8- or 12-pound weights depending on the exercise and how I felt that day.

All in all, it was great for me, and as I progressed, I added Pilates classes once a week. I'm going back to ballet tonight, which I didn't do during 30DS, and I'm looking forward to being a stronger dancer. :)
  • miriameam
    miriameam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday and i am sore! I guess it just goes to show that i really am using my leg muscles and my pecs. I am kind of dreading tonights workout because i am not sure i will be able to keep up with my sore thighs- especialy the jumping jacks. i'll keep up on my measurements and see if it works. I also took a before picture and I'm hoping there will be a successful "after" picture as well. good luck to you!
  • lauriem1966
    Options

Stick with it!

It is meant to do Level 1 for 10 workouts and then Level 2. If you can't do pushups then level 2 will be difficult for you, a lot of it is plank moves requiring your upper body strength.

I can do those walking out planks, just not the pushup part. I hate pushups! I hurt my shoulder years ago and haven't been able to do them since....not that I consistently worked on it or anything....
  • lauriem1966
    Options
    What size weights did you all start with? I was using 3 lbs today which was okay for the shoulder press and bicep curls but they felt very heavy doing the lunge and front raise....
  • kschueller
    kschueller Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started today as well, but honestly I only made it through 16 min before feeling like I was going to pass out. I'll do it again tomorrow, and I hope I can get through more. I'm not always the best at pushing myself when things get hard, so I need to work on that.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm in shape and it is still crazy tough! I'm on day 14 now. Day 15 starts tomorrow morning. Just keep pushing play! It will get better. I have 5 more days on level 2 and then I move onto level 3. Also I take a break after every 3 days so my muscle can repair.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I stick with it a lot better if I mute her and watch I show or listen to music that I really like. This kind of helps distract me from the work I am making my body do.

Oh and I use 7lb weights. I can barely make it through the squat/raise part, and I can only do about a third of the side lunge/vertical raise part, but the rest are easy.
  • sleeplesslions
    sleeplesslions Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start again tomorrow. I hate working out at home, but I'm determined to do this!
  • fragrantair
    Options
    It really gets better.
    After day 1 I was so sore and it hurt to walk and I had to set down the weights cuz my arms couldn't take it
    I did day 8 today and it was soo easy! I went out on a jog after