5 weeks postpartum

Options
I just had a baby boy 5 weeks ago and am looking to get back into shape. I am planning on going to a group cycle class at the gym with my husband tonight. This will be the first real workout for me since I had the baby. I would love to hear from other new mothers as well.

Replies

• bgtorres
    bgtorres Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mommy like you, but I did have my baby 5 months ago & the sooner you start the better it is= you see progress sooner.
  • roxylake
    roxylake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. This is actually my 4th baby...but, my next youngest is 6 1/2, so it's been awhile since I had a new baby.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm six weeks postpartum! Hoping to get back to spinning classes next week and get my butt into shape!

Congrats on your new baby!
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    losing the baby weight. is hard! I did not bother after my first. It was after my second that I kicked my butt into gear. I waited until 8 weeks postpartum to get the clearance from the doctor before I started. If you feel good though, I would say start now!

Congrats and best of luck!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I started jogging 10 days post partem after my second. I worked out HARD during the pregnancy so I was ready. Good luck on the journey :).
  • foxchick40
    foxchick40 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 6 weeks postpartum too!! I am working on getting into shape! I still have about 37 pounds to loose from baby :/
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    I'm not a new mother, and am in fact pregnant atm. However, I had my daughter (3rd child) last year, and while pregnant, I was so motivated to work out. However, after I had her, that motivation waned. Personally, so long as you are cleared by your doctor, get back to it as soon as you can. It's alot harder to talk yourself out of it once you get started, whether that's per workout, or just working out in general.

Good luck with the class tonight! And congratulations that your hubby is in it with you!
  • bee_strong
    Options
    hi,congrats on the new baby! i'm new mommy too i had my 2nd almost 3 months ago, but c-section so i'm slowly finding what works best for the stomach muscles and get my butt in shape. plus i want to find out how to get rid of the c-section bump.
  • roxylake
    roxylake Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nice to see all the moms out there. :) I did have my postpartum check up last week. And my OB said everything was back to where it should be. So, I am looking forward to starting back on getting in shape. I ran a half marathon w/ my dh in August of last year. He ran it without me this year. And I would love to be able to do it again in 2013.