when did u notice weight loss?

Options
hi all ok so ive been eating brill and excersing most days for just over a week now(dont worry im not expecting to wake up slim although that would me amazing"Lol) i think all the other times i tried and failed was because i didnt see results fast enough and im just wondering what other peoples experiences were and how long it was till they noticed a change.. im not noticing anything yet xx

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    It took me about 15 lbs., or 6 weeks to really feel and see the difference. Having to go down a belt notch was a great victory. But hopping on a scale once a week, should help you feel like you're accomplishing something until the Non-Scale Victories (NSVs) like clothes fitting better, start to happen.
  • r0ck01
    Options
    I notice that When i exercise more (strength training and cardio) I don't really lose pounds as in looking at the scale, but my body is tighter, clothes fit nicer, and i feel much better. This means I lost fat and gained muscle.This takes like month for me. My cardio gets back into good shape in about two months. The fastest change you'll notice in as little as a week is decreased bloat (eating better, less salt, lots of water) and tighter tummy from core work (core is abs and back, very important)(which actually slims you!). its not like you actually lost fat this fast, but you feel better and look better. its very encouraging and fast change to help you go further!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think I lost about 20 pounds before I really started to feel different.
  • summer21forever
    summer21forever Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It took me about three weeks to notice that I have lost weight this time. I don't see a huge difference but my stomach is a little flatter and my thighs fit into my jeans better. I am still wearing my maternity jeans because of my loose skin, but eventually it will be gone. What is most important is that I feel better.
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I agree with previous posters...it took about 15 lbs for me to notice the difference and about 20lbs for others to really notice.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    It takes me about ten pounds to really notice the difference - that's when my clothes start fitting differently.
  • Zenyehtta
    Zenyehtta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I really haven't noticed it myself by my mom said that my stomach looked smaller. I guess I'll take pictures once I lose 2 more pounds (half way mark) to compare them to my before pictures.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Sadly, it took nearly 60 lbs before I noticed a real physical difference. Up to the 55 lb point, my clothes were looser but not so loose that I needed new. A belt sufficed. Suddenly, I woke up one morning and nothing fit and I was in the bathroom every five minutes and the scales dialed from a 55lb loss to 65 in less than a week! Curves appeared from out of the gloom and I felt light as a feather!

That was two years ago and my total loss is now 125 lbs. I still feel heavier than I am at times and it is hard to learn to get out of the back of the crowd again.
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i had lost about 20lbs before i even noticed.....and if im completely honest i dont think theres a big difference in myself after losing 34lbs :( BUT im using it as inspiration to keep going until i do!! its the little things that u will notice like clothes feeling looser etc. :smile:
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    It really hit home for me in October of last year. In May of 2010, I went down to the casting call for Biggest Loser in Oklahoma City and got a photo taken with Bob in a pink BL tshirt. In October of last year, a photographer friend convinced me to do photos and I picked that shirt. It was hanging on me and loose as opposed to when I first got it. The photo is on my profile if you would like to see it. I am a very visual person and use photos to document my progress.
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for about 3 weeks and lost not quite 5 pounds yet, but this week I've been feeling awesome and tiny (lol), so it all depends on your individual body. But give it a few weeks and then check in with yourself again.
  • buffykaz
    buffykaz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've only been doing this for a few weeks and while I still look pretty much the same in the mirror, I have noticed that my pants are more baggy around the waist.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For me it was definitely more than 20 and probably closer to 30 lbs before I really noticed a difference. And it really didn't start to sink in till my pants started to fall off at work and people started to tell me my clothes were too baggy.
  • misskb11
    misskb11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Took me about 15lbs or a month and a half. Two months and 8 days in someone said "Wow you have lost A LOT of weight" Thats 20lbs in! Stick with it! Its SO worth it!
  • mc00010
    mc00010 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeap, it's the same for me. I always stare at my reflection in the mirror, expecting some kind of change. But people here told me it takes 10 lbs at least before we see any difference. :)

31256611.png
  • noojim
    noojim Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    At around 20-30 lb I had to notice because I had to replace all my bras and trousers. Well, should probably have done that earlier, but it was unescapable by then. Now at 50 lb should do that again, but I'm holding out until can't any longer... (hate shopping!) The mirror still looks pretty much the same to me, to be honest, though I do notice new hip bones and all that stuff. I guess people do notice but don't really comment a lot (apart from hubby, who's lovely).