Don't make this mistake that I did!!!

Options
Went to the Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner tonight - unexpectedly - and thought I would be smart and order the Vegetable Garden Lasagna.

DO NOT DO THIS!!!

This piece of lasagna has more calories, fat and carbs than you could ever imagine!

Imagine my surprise (and horror and dismay and disgust) to find out that the numbers on this item - that I thought sounded healthy - look like this:

1 serving

Calories - 1360
Fat - 41g
Sat. Fat - 19g
Carbs - 176g
Sodium - 1115mg
Protein - 62g

The regular meat lasagna has half the calories, less fat, less saturated fat and less carbs.

Crapity crap crap...who'd have thought?

Anyway, just a heads up for everyone.

Replies

• amancay
    amancay Posts: 13
    Options
    agh! I've found that often when place replace meat with cheese... such are the results... so sorry that happened to you, but good call sharing the info!
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    wow
  • PoisonSugar
    Options
    Holy sodium!!

You can't be good all of the time. It's nice that you've learned from your mistake.
    Thanks for the heads up!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    dont beat your self up over it. Mistake learned, next time check online before going out to eat. tomorrows another day, sorry for the bad news. :cry:
  • pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Don't get down about it...I wouldn't have thought that it was that bad either.... thanks for letting us all know.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    yeah...most vegitarian dishes (in resturants) try to make them more palitable to the masses with HUGE additions of cheese....if you go out, try to go as fresh as possible..salad (with few additions) and always get any dressing on the side. Thanks for the heads up on that specific gut bomb though...;)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I learned my lesson with a chicken salad sandwich at a chain resturant, had almost 1000 cals in just a freaking sandwhich!!!!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    that sucks! I HATE when you think you are doing a good thing and it turns out to be the other way around. Thanks for the warning!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    We are all still learning how to eat better and this is just a lesson learned......don't beat yourself up. Thanks for sharing.
  • dragonflyjill
    dragonflyjill Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I had a similar thing happen with a pasta dish at Boston Pizza. I felt really mad...if I am going to blow 1300 plus calories on something I want it to be the best damn thing I've ever eaten! This tasted like a lipton sidekick. I felt so ripped off.
  • crabbygirl
    Options
    That's what this site is all about. Learning and sharing...and helping others reach their goal! Thank you so much for sharing what you learned so that the rest of us can try to avoid the same mistake. I would have never guessed!
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Wow - That is crazy. I've just about quit eating out just because of this type of thing. I have a few things I've looked up and stick to them. That is just nuts! Sorry for your hard lesson learned, thanks for sharing.
  • astrosnider
    astrosnider Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warning. I went to the Cheesecake Factory not long ago (where they give you the list of calorie counts along with the menu) and could not believe how many calories are in even the healthy sounding things. There was hardly anything on the menu with less than 1,000 calories in it (and I wasn't even looking at the cheesecake). I finally got the Kobe beef burger and cut it in half.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I had the same experience with Red Robin's Whiskey River Grilled Chicken Wrap with Fruit. It was something like 38g of fat!!! Why? They use a lot of cheddar cheese on top of the BBQ-Ranch sauce.
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement, everyone--I truly appreciate it!

Live and learn.

Weather here in the Midwest tomorrow is supposed to be in the 60's so I'll be dusting off the bicycle and soaking up some sun!

Happy St. Patrick's Day in advance!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting the world know! That seems really messed up...what a world, what a world. hahaha
  • jdurham87
    jdurham87 Posts: 62
    Options
    Well, I hope it was good!
  • carp68
    Options
    Well, I hope it was good!

If only! I mean it wasn't hateful, but it certainly wasn't the best item I've ever had. If I'd known the numbers were that high - and I was going to eat something that costly - I would have chosen something else...like something with Alfredo sauce.

What's aggravating is that I knew the numbers on the regular meat lasagna but thought I would be doing even better by going veggie.

Oh well. It's one incident. Back on the horse this morning.

Forewarned is forearmed.
  • Яaquel
    Яaquel Posts: 90
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up =/
  • carp68
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up =/

You're welcome!