bad platau

Options
I dropped 15 pounds so far... but the last two-three weeks i've been on a bad platau. I broke a plateau i had a few weeks before, three pounds shaded off within a couple days, and now I'm stuck at that weight. I haven't lost any weight and i'm not going over calories, working out daily, and drinking all the water I should be drinking. I am eating throughout the day small meals, nothing seems to be working to lose this weight. I have another 16 pounds to go and it's frustrating me beyond belief. Nothing is working!

Replies

• cassielenard
    Options
    I'm having the same problem!!! I've lost 17 lbs so far but now I'm just hanging out at 157 and NOTHING will make that number go down! I'm so frustrated. I count my calories like a Nazi, I'm doing Ripped in 30 everyday and it seems like absolutely nothing is working. Part of me thinks I just need to start running as well as doing Ri30 but I really don't feel like I have the time to do both. Ugh! How can all my efforts be worthless??!?!?!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Lets start simple, how many calories are you eating and what is your exercise? Generally I suggest taking a week or two off from all exercise for 1-2 weeks and set your calories at maintenance and actually eat at that level. After a week or two of being at maintenance, come back and set your account to 1/2 lb per week and eat 50% of your exercise at least.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    2-3 weeks isn't a plateau. Weight loss isn't linear; some weeks you lose, some you don't. You also don't have a lot to lose so you'd benefit by taking it slower. Yes, it'll take longer, but there's a better chance that you'll see results. Set your goal to 1/2 lb a week and keep exercising.
  • Rogue_Minx
    Rogue_Minx Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you're working out, you should be taking measurements of your body. Just because the scale doesn't move, doesn't mean you aren't losing inches of fat to be replaced with muscle.
  • vnakkar
    Options
    Read about the whoosh. Its common to stall for three weeks then drop it fast.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/797688-experience-with-the-whoosh

I was the exact same weight for three weeks, then lost 4lbs in 4 days.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    2-3 weeks isn't a plateau. Weight loss isn't linear; some weeks you lose, some you don't. You also don't have a lot to lose so you'd benefit by taking it slower. Yes, it'll take longer, but there's a better chance that you'll see results. Set your goal to 1/2 lb a week and keep exercising.

^^^^^^^
    this