Well hello :) Any newbies looking for a motivation pal?

Options
Helloo :)

I joined MFP 3 days ago, but just started using it properly today trying to figure out how it works. :D

I am looking for someone who is also in the struggle of losing 50 lbs (less or more). I want to make this a lifestyle change, not a diet. I joined the gym 3 days ago (yay to courage) and am absolutely excited to make this a successful weight loss. I only have one body, and who is going to take care of it if I dont?

I hope I will not fail this time, I hope I have the motivation to keep going and look back at this weight loss journey proudly.

Anyone who wants to join me, send me a message. :))

Replies

• CoachJake83
    Options
    Congrats on starting your new lifestyle, and for doing it for the right reasons. ;-)
  • ameliesmommy88
    Options
    Thanks I really hope I can achieve my goal. One step at a time. It feels like the millionth time I "try" to get this weight off me and be healthy, but this time its not a "great new diet" or pills, or the 0 cal diet, I want this to last and realize it will take much time, sweat and low days to get there, but Im ready to work for it.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Hi, ADD, i have been getting better results everyday ;) head up
  • blantonjm1
    blantonjm1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    friend request sent. you got this.
  • kathysneed
    Options
    Hello,

I understand exactly how you feel because I am gearing towards my second week at the gym. My goal is to loose 120 pounds within a year and a half by eating healthier, working out, and staying motivated. I never envisioned myself in a million years to be overweight. However, I currently weight 253 pounds. I wished that all this weight could disappear now but I know that I have to patient. Everyday was a struggle for me before I joined LA fitness. I was unable to walk at a consistent pace that would allow me to break a sweat in order for me to loose weight, ashamed and embarrassed at the person that I allowed myself to become. As of today, I have lost 5 pounds and I am currently able to stay on the treadmill for about 30 minutes. It takes time to condition yourself on the treadmill but don't give up.
  • ameliesmommy88
    Options
    Thanks guys!

Kathy, sounds much like my story. 5 years ago, i was a healthy 110 (5'2) girl and was absolutely happy with myself. Today, 65 pounds later, I cant believe that I let myself go for that long. Trigger was my pregnancy (4 years ago) that I used as an excuse to be lazy and eat for 5. From then on, I was up and down with my weight ending up where I am today, at 175 lbs.

It took me a LOT to join the gym, I was literally terrified of what others might think of me, the shape Im in, the condition Im in, not even being able to last 5 minutes on a treadmill without looking like Im dying and looking at the machines like they are from another planet. However, this is my body, my life and everyone started somewhen. I gotta take care of myself, noone else will.

Congrats on losing 5 lbs!!
  • welcome! i added :)
  • Louise_29
    Options
    Hey good luck! You sound like you have the right mindset so I am sure you will do it. :-)
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I need a motivational pal too. Just started Couch to 5K and I know the colder the weather gets, the harder it will be to stay motivated.
    Sending friend request. Good luck!
  • Kathrynaline
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kathrynaline. I'm pretty new. Into my second week, down 11 lbs. I'm 38 and have 3 sons. I'll take all the weight loss pals I can get. I'm a chubby woman in the middle of a slim family who won't even admit I'm overweight. My weight right now is 190lbs.
  • Angie8301
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out how to use this thing the right way too! Feel free to add me :)
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and when I started here I was 190 LBS and now after 10 weeks I'm 169 LBS. Anyone feel free to add me.