New to this site!!!

Options
Hello all, I am new to this site and enjoying it.....I have always had an issue with my weight, and with some medical issues and for my own health I need to get it off......So with nothing else working I needed to try something else so my friend suggested I join this site....I laughed at it at first but now I enjoy seeing what it is I eat and I really thing twice before I eat something now, but I do have to say I do like those bad things and I just have to have a cookie here and their, but I don't eat as many of them as I used to.... So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.....Thanks!!!!

Replies

• bfriday
    bfriday Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there!! Welcome!!! im new too! :-):happy:
  • tinabosquez
    tinabosquez Posts: 107
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome to both of you!
  • WILDFLOWER58
    Options
    HELLO, I'M NEW TO THIS MYSELF , TWO YEARS AGO I HURT MY BACK AND ITS BEEN HARD TO EXERCISE AND I TURN TO FOOD BECAUESS OF THE PAIN AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BE MORE ACTIVE . I STILL HAVE TO BE CAREFULL OF MY EXERCISING BUT I KNOW I NEED TO BE CAREFULL ABOUT WHAT I'AM EATING , TURNING 50 I'M FINDING ITS HARDER TAKING THE WEIGHT OFF AS WENE I WAS YOUNGER I COULD EAT ANYTHING BUT NOW ITS SHOWING IM EATING EVERYTHING . SO I WISH EVERYONE THE VERY BEST AND LOOK FORWARD IN OUR SUCCESS .
  • Tamiash
    Tamiash Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I"m new to this site also. A girl that goes to my gym turned me on to it. It looks like it's going to be a great tool. I do know one thing off the the bat! How do you post the weight bar on your posts? When i posted a reply my weight bar wasn't at the bottom :-(

824430.png
  • Annieliles
    Options
    I am new to this site. In 2006 I went from 158 to 118 when my hubby died. I then went back to about 125, which is very comfortable for me, but was injured in 2008, and have continually increased in my weight and was back to 131. because I was unable to walk very far and couldn't exercise...then it became 134, 135 and when it hit 136, I figured I better do something! I am 6 days in, and have seen my weight go down to 134, up to 137, 136 and 135, even tho I am eating significantly under the calories they suggest. and walking at least an hour each day. The 24 hour period I went from 134 to 137 I had eaten 3/4 of a portion of a commercially prepared pot pie - I think the sodium made me have the water weight gain, as even my rings were tight. What I have done is put in 1,200 calories for the day, even tho they suggested 1800. I also fudge on the portions - I will eat 1/2 sandwich and put down that I ate a whole sandwich. If the portion size is 1 C, I will eat 3/4 C., but put down 1C....this give me a built in "fudge" factor. I also put my exercise down as walking for 30 minutes, yet I walk 35. This is just a way to give myself a little "wiggle" room in case I eat a few potatoe chips or a few M & M's.
    A question I have is this: If I am only able to walk for 5 minutes, but I do it 6 times a day, do I still get to put down 30 minutes? I do my step exercises, but can only do them for 2 or 3 minutes at a time, but may do them 10 times during the day. My housework is done in 5 or 10 minute increments, as I can only do so much, then have to lay down for a while until the pain passes, then will go at it again. Does anyone have any ideas on whether I am getting the full calorie burn benefits by doing any exercise in smaller increments, yet giving myself credit for the total?
    Anyway, good luck to all....we're all in this together!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I"m new to this site also. A girl that goes to my gym turned me on to it. It looks like it's going to be a great tool. I do know one thing off the the bat! How do you post the weight bar on your posts? When i posted a reply my weight bar wasn't at the bottom :-(

I think you are asking about the ticker. go to the tools tab and look for ticker. follow the instructions.
  • Tamiash
    Options

824430.png
    ]

Woo hoo, i got it!
  • Tamiash
    Options

824430.png

I got it finally...woo hoo!
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    Hello all, I am new to this site and enjoying it.....I have always had an issue with my weight, and with some medical issues and for my own health I need to get it off......So with nothing else working I needed to try something else so my friend suggested I join this site....I laughed at it at first but now I enjoy seeing what it is I eat and I really thing twice before I eat something now, but I do have to say I do like those bad things and I just have to have a cookie here and their, but I don't eat as many of them as I used to.... So if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.....Thanks!!!!

Welcome. I've only been doing this for a couple weeks myself, but I have been loving it so far. My suggestion is to just be 100% honest with yourself and what you eat. I am a sucker for chocolate, but if it goes in my mouth I log it no matter what. I'm learning to work around the fun stuff. If it's been a few days since I have had something yummy I plan my day accordingly to allow for a little something special. The more I deny myself something, the more I am going to want it, and when I finally give in I will splurge and go way overboard. So by allowing myself a little at a time, I haven't had any crazy splurges so far.
  • kittytrix
    kittytrix Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    HELLO, I'M NEW TO THIS MYSELF , TWO YEARS AGO I HURT MY BACK AND ITS BEEN HARD TO EXERCISE AND I TURN TO FOOD BECAUESS OF THE PAIN AND NOT BEING ABLE TO BE MORE ACTIVE . I STILL HAVE TO BE CAREFULL OF MY EXERCISING BUT I KNOW I NEED TO BE CAREFULL ABOUT WHAT I'AM EATING , TURNING 50 I'M FINDING ITS HARDER TAKING THE WEIGHT OFF AS WENE I WAS YOUNGER I COULD EAT ANYTHING BUT NOW ITS SHOWING IM EATING EVERYTHING . SO I WISH EVERYONE THE VERY BEST AND LOOK FORWARD IN OUR SUCCESS .

My husband is going through the same thing. He has alwys been stalky, but he recently went from about 180 to 225 pounds. He's not a very tall guy so you can really see the difference.

I love him very much and really didn't see the weight gain until we looked at a few older pics of each other. What a shock that was.

I have severe asthma and have to take steroids, but I am slowly but surely weening myself off.

Right now we are both trying to lose the weight.

Because of his back he has to try to eat better (which he has never had to do in the past) and try to do some low impact cardio.

It's hard, but believe me, when those first few pounds come off it's great and so motivating.

I've only lost about two pounds in three weeks, but I'm proud of those three pounds.

My hubby dropped about six and is on his way.

Our clothes aren't falling off and I'm not seeing definition, yet, but I feel better and can work out longer and so can he.

Find the support you need here and we will be with you every step of the way!!
  • ashley16
    ashley16 Posts: 3
    Options
    So...does anyone know if if is bad that I am always in the negative for my protein? If so I am in some trouble.

And what happens if I don't eat all my calories for the day? Should I be? I just feel like I am overeating.....
  • defcon4
    defcon4 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi ashley16, I have noticed my protein is in the negative too. Mine is Negative because of I'm eating more protein then what the chart is telling me too. I'm also doing p90x doubles so I think I need the extra protein for my body the question is are you working out and does your body actually need the extra protein. If your eating to much protein and your not active may be you should lower you protein intake and add carbs or healthy fats. Good luck on your new healthier lifestyle.
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I still eat naughty things once in a while as long as they don't put me over my calorie count. Also here you are encouraged to eat all of your exercise calories because the site already calculates the calorie deficit needed for you to lose weight. So if you are planning on eating something naughty you might want to exercise first. Like today I walked for a half an hour and earned an extra 170 calories...so instead of having chocolate rice cakes as my evening snack I got to have hostess snowballs. You can still lose weight and enjoy the things you love, you just might not be able to eat them as much or in as high a quantity.