Do you plan ahead meals?

Options
13»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    YES! My motto is if you fail to plan, then you plan to fail!

Oh, I thank God that is not true for everyone. I may be the world's worst planner!
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I usually plan for a week ahead and also keep a generl idea for the following week. We get a co-op producebasket twice a week, so it helps me to know when I need to cook the veg or fruits so they don't go to waste. Right after we get the basket home, I make a menu based on what's in it, then go to the store for the rest of what I need for the week. We have just a few things we do for lunches, so I buy that stuff then, too. My breakfast is almost always just a cuppa and I have breakfast food for lunch, then a bit of protein for a snack, then a bigger dinner. And an evening snack as well.

Dinner is the most planned and the other meals/snacks are moderately flexible, and subject to chnge based on exercise-if I canmove more, i can eat more!

It helps me to know when my next meal is gonna happen and when I'm aware of what it is, it's much easier NOT to drive through for fast food on the way home from hiking, etc.

Barb
  • krystal_black
    Options
    I prepare and freeze my meals in seperate containers for the week that way after work i can hit the gym get a good workout in and then go home and just have to heat up dinner, this helps too with making sure i eat the right portions etc.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I make a giant pot of soup and a huge grain and vegetable sald (bulgar, quinoa, millet, kasha etc) on the weekend and it helps cover our weekday lunches and the occasional dinner when I do not feel like cooking. This has saved us so much money in our food budget; we have less food waste; we don't eat out (healthier and cheaper) and it provides a wholesome low stress meal alternative. Yesterday I made a jumbo pot of vegan curry split pea soup and a mexican bulgar salad.
  • Klopford
    Klopford Posts: 129
    Options
    I try to. I now have some food in the house that I bought myself and know how to prepare to use in place of going out with my parents if I wasn't careful during the workday and they decide we should go out for dinner.