I did it!!!!!

Options
MrJase
MrJase Posts: 88 Member
I joined MFP as I wanted to lose weight and get fit as I had signed up to an Event called Tough Mudder. The run was held last July but unfortunately due to my lack of fitness I was unable to complete it. My pride took a battering so the first thing I did was to sign up for the next Tough Mudder that was being held in the UK, the second thing was to get my head down and seriously train for it. I worked hard in the gym and also ran when I was home.

This weekend passed I COMPLETED IT!! 12 miles of cross country running and 28 different obstacles, it was hard going but my team and I got through it. I am extremely proud of myself so I thought I would share it with you guys. The success stories on here really helped me get motivated to train even on crappy days. Anyways here are the pics…..

Pics from the event I couldn’t complete
Failedmudder2-1.jpg
Failedmudder-1.jpg
Pics from last weekends event which I completed!! :)
MFP1.jpg
MFP2.jpg
MFP3.jpg
MudderFinish-1.jpg

Replies

• MrJase
    Options
    Hmmm? will have to figure out how to get the pics up?
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Eh, who cares about the photos, your story speaks volumes!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    12 miles! wow great job
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    congrats! the TM is on my "to do" list....depending if i can muster up the courage, i hope to do the Miami one this march
  • poeco76
    poeco76 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful accomplishment! Very impressive. Your determination has got you far, and will continue to serve you, I'm certain. :O)

By the way, I just copied and pasted your links and was able to see the photos. Awesome job!
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    Eh, who cares about the photos, your story speaks volumes!

Exactly! That is fantastic. I am trying to work myself up to a 10k this next summer for the 4th of July in Atlanta.
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    Failedmudder2-1.jpg
    Failedmudder-1.jpg
    Pics from last weekends event which I completed!! :)
    MFP1.jpg
    MFP2.jpg
    MFP3.jpg
    MudderFinish-1.jpg

I tried fixing the pictures for you, but they say that they were removed from photobucket. Great job though!!
  • KnottyKK
    Options
    awesome
  • keelz2010
    Options
    That's really great, you should be so proud of yourself, it shows how hard work and determination will get you there in the end, congrats!
  • MrJase
    Options
    Thanks for the replys guys it means alot, thats all the pics fixed :)

P.S. you will have to forgive my Movemeber tash! lol
  • amykff
    amykff Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    what an achievement!! you should be soooo proud of yourself congratulations :happy:
  • myth4ever
    Options
    pure awesomeness!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, what a difference. You should be proud, I hope you are!
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
    The Tough Mudder is my goal too. Its intimidating but its great to hear from someone that did it. Thanks!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!! That sounds like it would be grueling...but super rewarding!!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That last pic made me tear up with happiness for you. You just look so proud. As well you should be. It's looks tough. Way to go!!!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to set a goal and make it happen :happy:
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Fantastic well done
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well done be proud of yourself, thats looks/sounds really hard :)
  • tmfrizzell
    Options
    Wow, I'm Jealous. I just did a Run for your Lives Zombie 5K obstacle course this weekend, and had a blast. My friends who I went with have convinced me to sign up for the Tough Mudder in May 2013 in Jacksonville. I am so psyched that I can't stand it. It has sent my motivation through the roof.

Great job. In May I will have a similar story to post!!

Any training suggestions?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!