How I achieved my goal!

Options
Here is a video I made:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIL0dHIwDjs
Hopefully it motivated you!

I started out at 145 lbs. and with the help of this app, I went down to 130 lbs.! It doesn't sound like a lot, but to me, it was. Also, my journey isn't over. I am working on a new goal to lose another 5-10 lbs. and tone up!

I was only 5'2" so being 145 was considered "overweight." I would hide my fat in clothes that made me look skinny and suck in my gut. But I hated what I saw in the mirror everyday. So one day, I decided to get up and do something about it.

Here I am three months later, a completely new person and have never been so proud. My friends have told me that I have inspired them, so I only hope to inspire others who don't know me.

I'm new to this, so I haven't figured out how to post pictures. Also, my before and after pics are unfortunately in underwear because those are the only ones I took. Whoops.

Thank you :)

Replies

• ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    That IS a lot! I envy you! 15lbs is NOT easy when you're not very big. I'm 5'2 and trying to get to 125 and so far, not so good. Totally watching the video thanks =)
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    Omgosh, thank you so much! It was very hard and I almost gave up at 135. But I pushed through. Hard work and dedication! You can do it! :)
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Well done! I know the struggle to reach your goal weight when you haven't got a lot to lose (I started out at 40 and am currently 124 or so, struggling to get to 110!). So major major kudos :D
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    bump

Huh?
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    way to go!!

i have about 10lbs to lose and struggling - i'm 5ft. i keep on losing and gaining the same bloody weight.

3months and 15lbs is fantastic!

:flowerforyou:
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    Well done! I know the struggle to reach your goal weight when you haven't got a lot to lose (I started out at 40 and am currently 124 or so, struggling to get to 110!). So major major kudos :D

Thank you! I still plan on losing more. It's hard, but I've made it this far. Good luck to you, too!
  • TanzaMarie
    TanzaMarie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is really great, congratulations! I'm 5'2" too and agree that a few pounds is much harder to loose for us shorties. 135 is my initial goal - 15 more to go! Thanks for the boost!
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    way to go!!

i have about 10lbs to lose and struggling - i'm 5ft. i keep on losing and gaining the same bloody weight.

3months and 15lbs is fantastic!

:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much! Being short sucks, haha. And it's ok to struggle. Just keep working! My weight fluctuates a lot as well, and it always depends on what I eat. Just stay motivated!
  • ohheyy125
    ohheyy125 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    OMG awesome video
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    That is really great, congratulations! I'm 5'2" too and agree that a few pounds is much harder to loose for us shorties. 135 is my initial goal - 15 more to go! Thanks for the boost!

Awh, you're sweet. Thanks! You can do it! :)
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    OMG awesome video

Thank you, new friend! I hope it motivated you :)
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    bump

Huh?

People will "bump" things to either bring the post back up to the top, or to subscribe to the post so they can see it in 'My Topics"
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    bump

Huh?

People will "bump" things to either bring the post back up to the top, or to subscribe to the post so they can see it in 'My Topics"

Oh. I feel stupid. Haha Sorry, I'm new to this. Thanks for clarifying! :)
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    AMAZING VIDEO!!!!

And I am happy to stay I do every single one of those steps, LITERALLY!

Yay thank you for the encouragement :) And well done, you look amaazzing! Good luck with the rest of your toning up ect :) YOU'RE AMAZING xxxxxxx
  • reallyvillie
    Options
    AMAZING VIDEO!!!!

And I am happy to stay I do every single one of those steps, LITERALLY!

Yay thank you for the encouragement :) And well done, you look amaazzing! Good luck with the rest of your toning up ect :) YOU'RE AMAZING xxxxxxx

YOU'RE AMAZING! I made the video quickly and didn;t want like a 12 minute video so I tried to make it as short as possible. And yay I'm glad you're doing the steps and that they're working for you, too! :)
  • dkp4469
    Options
    also 5'2" . have lost afew fell off the wagon so to speak. back up and on. harderst part is exercise. I have lupus and arthitis. very difficult to do most anything....... but i have to try. plus almost always being on steroids. they make you sooo sooo hungry. But i will make my goal weight ... no matter how long it takes... thank for your inspiration!!
  • sophiemarie2612
    sophiemarie2612 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    your video is amazing! exactly what i needed to see this morning to get me back on track for the day :)
    can i ask though what you set your calorie intake as each day? hit a bit of a plateau recently and theres so much different info online it makes my head hurt! would be interesting to know from someone who has achieved such great results x
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    amazing video. your hard work and sacrifice really paid off.

I am 5'2 and at 123lbs , GW: 110lbs.

these last lbs are going to be a challenge. so good luck to all of my shortie sisters. We CAN DO IT!!
  • famlyluv
    famlyluv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I originally started out at 180 in 2010 after I had my daughter and dropped off the wagon when I got down to 136. I am now at 146 and want to get down to at least 130. I have been overweight for so long that when I got thin I felt weird, like I shouldn't be that way. I know it takes a while for the mind to play catch up. I am wanting to lose the 16 lbs before my birthday in February. I too hide my belly in my pants and bigger shirts. I am tired of it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!