Don't know what happened?

Options
I was doing really well with trying to exercise everyday in the summer but now that it's winter I don't really seem to care. I am not motivated anymore. I have a part time job I don't even exercise at work because I am on my feet all day at work.

I am not trying to complain I just find it hard to do anything especially since the weather is so cold out.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have a harder time making myself exercise now then I did when it was warm. I have lost over 100 pounds, and as a result I am COLD all the time now. That being said, I am very committed and determined to get to my goal. So I have been still getting out and exercising, and I have learned the important of bundling up, something I never had to worry about before! You can do it!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    When I was started on my weight loss journey, I invested in a used treadmill -- best $200 investment of my life. In order to "make" myself use it, I would tape my favorite soap opera, and then I wouldn't let myself watch it unless I was: 1) walking on the treadmill for that hour, or 2) I had already walked a minimum of 3 miles that day.

Now, I use my treadmill pretty consistently when it is too cold or dark to walk outside. I just turn on a favorite TV show or channel, and walk for an hour or so. The time passes pretty quickly. To be honest though, if it wouldn't have been for the soap opera being taped when I first started, I'm not sure I would have done it. I also had the treadmill in our great room....had it been hiding in our basement (where it is now, five years later) or a bedroom, I probably wouldn't have used it. By having it there, I could still spend time with my family.

I bet I put on 15-20 miles per week (minimum) when the weather is bad, even now, five-six years later.
    Kaye
  • shanitat
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from. When it was warm out, I had no problem ecxercising and taking long walks. When the winter came was totally unmotivated and didnt want to do anything....That was until I got on the scale and seen that I had gained back eight pounds. I know its hard, but dont stop now. Keep going on your journey because it will be even harder to start over.

Good luck!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of workouts on YouTube; use them!
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'm having the opposite problem. The summer here was so hot (I live in TX) I couldn't even think about moving around outside! Now that it's pleasant outside I want to get out there and walk. Too bad there's only 30 minutes of daylight left by the time I get home from work.

I think it's natural to feel this way this time of year. Throw on a few extra layers and get out there, you'll feel sooo much better.
  • britty_01
    Options
    I really love Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, Bodyrock, and Bodybuilding.com for indoor workout resources. So many people think they can't get good cardio done inside, but by doing HIIT workouts and past paced circuits without stopping, you can really work up a sweat and burn calories. Plus, a lot of times these kind of workouts incorporate strength training, so you are toning and trimming!