As the New Year is upon us..

Options
& the gyms become over loaded with people that have made the resolutions to become fitter/healthier..Let's not forget that we were all once new.

I see it ever year, people b*tch about how many new people are at their gym, then the big thing is that they only make it a few weeks, so just give it time.

Why don't we do something to help these people? I know that when I first started going to the gym 4-5 years ago, I was very intimated by the "regulars" who appeared to do nothing but judge me, and I quit going...4-5 years in a row....

This year, take a minute and help someone, compliment them on what they are doing, correct a form. Anything to help all the newbies out, because don't forget, we were new once as well..

Replies

• Amanda05131987
    Options
    What a nice thought. I hope some people who are "regulars" think about this an offer a kind look instead of a judgey one! It would be so nice if people actually supported others in the real world and not just online. I have a gym membership but rarely get to go, I still have 40 lbs to lose so I know the looks of what are you doing here, I have also been fortunate enough to have some who offer help with form on weight machines, and offer kind advice. I really should get going back to the gym, just tough with my schedule.