Another Newbie

Options
Have tried all sorts of diets, and I keep falling off the wagon :angry:

I have about 3 stone to lose, but would be happy to lose 2 stone. I'm hoping this is the way forward for me.

Deb

32176005.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• EMBORJAS
    Options
    Hi Deb,

I'm new today too. My name is Liz and I too fall off the wagon. The longest I stayed on a diet was about a year, because I lost my appetite when we got audited! :laugh:

I was surprised how many calories I've used today. This seems like a good program. I hope you do well!

Newbie #2
  • goody2shoos
    Options
    Hi Liz

I was shocked at how many calories I've gone through today :blushing:

My problem is lack of exercise. I pay for a gym membership and never go - think I need to get back there as soon as possible.

Good luck tomorrow, which I suppose is the first "real" day. I've downloaded the app for my phone to make it easier to keep tabs on my intake.

Deb
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I had my first day on MFP today and have 16lbs to lose (possibly another 7lb after that but I'll see how I feel). Good luck.

x
  • MyInnerAwesome
    MyInnerAwesome Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to the site. I just made my profile a few minutes ago. I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. before my 21st birthday in March! Wish me luck. I hope all of you meet your fitness goals. :)
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hi all of you, good luck in meeting your goals x

You don`t need to hit the gym just yet...just log all your food, learn about what you are eating, walk a lot...give it a few weeks to get into it all then move on to the gym....just my opinion so you don`t feel you have to make major changes at the start x
  • stacy_1971
    stacy_1971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You don`t need to hit the gym just yet...just log all your food, learn about what you are eating, walk a lot...give it a few weeks to get into it all then move on to the gym....just my opinion so you don`t feel you have to make major changes at the start x

Wow.... that's something you don't hear every day - to ease yourself into your lifestyle change. I like it. I don't have a "peer-reviewed source" but I remember from reading in my nursing text books that people who make incremental lifestyle changes are more likely to succeed than those who try to change too much at once. I'm sure there are exceptions, of course.

Anyway, good luck to every one.