Vibram FiveFingers

Options
I was wondering if anyone here uses these, and if so which one would be the best for fitness exercising. I have a heck of a time finding the right shoes to wear, and sometimes the fit is good but I feel like I could be doing better. Today I worked out with no shoes and it seemed to give me more energy as with shoes it seems to wear out my feet more, weird I know... So I remembered these, just wondering if people do well working out in them.

Thanks ahead of time

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I like them. I don't work out in them that often though. One thing though if you decide to do cardio in them make sure you get the "toe" socks otherwise you might get blisters and start out SLOW when you do cardio in them. I made the mistake of running 3 miles in them and ended up with blisters on my toes.

They're also great boat and water shoes.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I wear them for weight lifting, Zumba, and running (HIIT). Occasionally I've worn them rode biking but I don't recommend that. When I try to wear other shoes for cardio now my feet hurt, the VFFs are the way to go. I also don't wear toe socks with them and don't see why you should have to, no blisters. Do transition slowly for running though. I wash them once a week or so for hygiene.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I dont run, I do a lot of intense beachbody cardio workouts like Turbo Fire... Thank you for the feedback I really appreciate it!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    Honestly, if you're doing work out videos at home, you could just go barefoot.
  • kakes80
    Options
    Well I did that today, the only problem is I dont feel like I had ANY support and I think that is why I hurt my back. They are very HIGH intense and Im afraid to injure myself without wearing something on my feet...
  • DrMAvDPhD
    Options
    I think that that is more of a problem with your floor than your shoes. Aerobics rooms and dance studios have springy floors, a carpet or wood floor laid over concrete isn't going to have that. Upstairs rooms will have different floors, maybe try that? If you are looking for shoes to compensate for that, look for something with air and/or padding in the soles, not minimalist shoes.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I own 4 pairs. I must warn you-- they're like potato chips. You can't own just one pair. I don't wear regular shoes anymore. They've made me a believer. I went to a local running store and found that the Komodos were best for me. I've run 2 half marathons and numerous other races in them. I also own a pair of bormios (for winter wear) and KSO treks for days when I feel I need a bit more traction, but not as much protection as the bormios.
    I hope you find a pair and fall in love as deeply as I have!
  • leopardjunkie
    Options
    You really have to find a place to try them on...and have them bring you one of each of the styles. they each fit differently I have some calssics for everyday, and then ones that are a little thicker that I wear for my gym workouts. I use them daily (well it is winter now...so I am going to have to swtich to boots :( but when the weather is good its all I wear when possible.

You really love or hate them. they are so comfy to me I have hopped in bed with them on :) I used them for running and jogging and walking I have a heavy step. weightlifting, every day errands, walks on gravel, bike riding etc. love love. But you really do have to try them on. I tried on several and hated a few of them and then found my cinderella styles.

The first time you wear them in the grass it is trippy cause you can feel the blades of grass but your feet are protected..
  • starjumper12
    Options
    find a store that sells them and go try them on... they all feel different so just try them on and walk around in them, jump around in them, do whatever you would do with them on and see how they feel. i tried on every different style they had in the store i went to, and the ones i got were the only ones that didn't feel bad, and they feel so so good on my feet! take it easy on them at first, your feet might take a little while to get used to the freedom :D
  • kakes80
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!