Media that Motivates and Drives you...

Options
As human beings we are often moved by the written word, a beautiful song or a motion picture. What are the kinds of media that move and drive you to get and stay motivated. For me the Rocky movies are like a shot of adrenaline. In music, certain songs like Elvis's Hound Dog are pure energy for me...what is it for you?

Replies

• Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hard rock music!
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    for me it's seeing the "kick *kitten*" toned women in movies/tv and I so look like them (also get the good looking men thay get)
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    The clash: train in vain
    Coldplay: clocks
    Lou Monte: lazy Mary
    Rosemary Clooney: mambo italiano
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Watching "What Not to Wear" makes me pedal that stationary bike just a little bit harder...
  • drgmac
    drgmac Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Oh, good god, yes!!!!
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Second the powerful heroines in movies: Kill Bill, Terminator 2, for instance. I am ready to do pushups to exhaustion after watching Linda Hamilton **** that weapon with one hand in T2 or seeing Uma Thurman drag her body by her elbows to escape the hospital. Very motivating!
  • RDawn7
    RDawn7 Posts: 38
    Options
    Disturbed.
  • teacher5mom3
    teacher5mom3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love watching Braveheart- the sheer stamina and determination of those Scots positively wows me. As for music, it is on constantly, and I let it be a background for my runs so I can meditate...
  • AnahitaCanDoIt
    Options
    I hate to admit it but any before and after pictures and videos on youtube or tumblr do it for me...

I don't like this kind of music for daily listening but that kind of 'you can go hard or you can go home' here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIwmJMqrco

or this sean paul song "she doesn't mind" video makes me motivated to be fit like the ladies** in the video

**I love that he uses some 'thicker' women, too, they're not all skinny, but the one who gets him in the end is predictably slim, but I'm in love with her...girl crush!

I don't like this kind of music....I'm a classic rock hard rock girl...

And that's why I'm going to see the Stones on Sunday!! London! Woooo hoooo!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Watching "What Not to Wear" makes me pedal that stationary bike just a little bit harder...

pointing_laughing_smiley.gif