Low Calories?

Options
I just started today, andI find I'm not eating a lot of calories. My goal is supposed to be about 1500, but today I've only had 463. Is this normal? I'm not hungry, and I don't want to eat more just because it says to. I also burned 473 cals in exercise. I've doing a modified version of the Dr. Bernstein diet for the past 3 months so perhaps my body has adjusted, but I just want to know if other people are experiencing this? Thanks!

Replies

• AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    It's very common from what I've seen on these forums and the only time I think it's appropriate to force yourself to eat is if you have an eating disorder. Give it a week or so for your appetite to come back before you start to worry. Good luck. :smile:
  • MegKelly409
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Try to eat foods that have more calories as well
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    No need to avoid fat. Add healthy fats to your diet and you will easily be able to increase your calories AND, bonus, feel awesome. I don't recommend eating when you aren't hungry but I don't think it's healthy to eat that few calories and I also think that it will backfire on you if you don't find a way to eat a healthy amount on most days.
  • strenght900
    Options
    hey even i eat less calories these days but i don't have an eating disorder , i am planning on eating less for 2 to 3 months and then when i get rid off my weight i will start eating 1200 calories to maintain it