Claiming my ever after...

Options
I've tried before. I've failed before. I've almost succeeded before. I've given up before. I've let myself before. But I am done with focusing on before. Countless times I've let my before ruin my ever after. I'm not naive enough to believe it will always be happy ever after but I'll work my butt off to make sure that I at least get an ever after and the way I've been living my life only one thing was certain and that was an early grave for me.

During the past year I've lost 27 kilos (60lbs) which considering what I need to lose don't seem like much but I've lost some and had periods where I maintained. I'm hoping this strategy will help me maintain once I'm at my goal weight. I don't tell people I'm on a diet - I simply say I've finally at the age of 32 has started to live life.

Please feel free to add me - I've only been here a short period of time but already now know what value good MFP friends brings to this period of my life. I'm 32, live in Denmark and married to the most wonderful supporting man. I need to lose... well I don't know when I'll hit my goal but I'm guessing I need to lose another 80-100 lbs, give or take. I've been overweight my whole life so I don't really know what would be good weight for me. My method? Eating less, moving more. Nothing fancy really. I dream of one day being able to run a 5K. Yeah, that will be a good day. I can't wait for it to happen.

Replies