New to Site -I am a Lap Band patient

Options
Hi Everyone, I just had lap band surgery a few months ago. I was told to check out sites such as this because they offer a great way to monitor my food intake while providing nutrition information. I'm 19.5 lbs down and seem to end the day eating less calories than I intend. My limit is 1200. Has anyone been through this? I'd love some friends that may have been through this same thing.

Replies

• shannontoback3
    shannontoback3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi pascst2,

I just had lapband surgery September 11th also. Down 29lbs since the start of the pre-op diet. I've used my fitness pal over the last year and its a great site! Would love to go along this journey with you!

Shannon
  • shellywoodhead
    shellywoodhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have lost over ten stones with the band. Mfp is a great tool to monitor your calories and protein intake ...:) if you want to nosey at a maintainers diary as well as those of losers ... Send me a friend request :)
  • angiebelfast
    Options
    Hi

I have been thinking about surgery for a while, went as far as booking a consultation appointment but the surgeon wanted to do a sleeve and I got frightened. Since the summer I have lost 46lb on my ownsum and am hoping to loose another 70lb by May which would make me around 11.5 stone, I am 5ft 8. I found this site a week ago but am now only loosing a pound a week. I'd love to share tips, tears and laughter so feel free to add me
  • nashbear
    nashbear Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I had the lap band July 27th. I have lost 30 pounds so far. I have also lost 29.75 inches.
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My doctor has recommended lap band and I'd really like to hear about how other people prepared for the surgery and lifestyle changes afterwards.
  • juwiebe
    Options
    I have been banded for just under a year. I have lost just over 90 pounds and feel great. I live in Canada and the surgery was not covered so I saved and paid myself [ouch]. It was a great decission and I am very happy.